Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
07-03-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(07-03-2013 01:36 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 01:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Whoa. Wait a second.

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly:

1) PJ said that Vosur would receive evidence from God of His existence not only on a specific date but also at a specific time.
2) Vosur did not receive the evidence.
3) PJ said Vosur did receive the evidence and is lying.
4) Vosur reiterated that he did not receive the evidence.

This the gist?
Yes, that sounds about right.
Ummm

That's soothsaying and is regarded as an evil practice.

So yeah...

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
God works in mysterious ways. But only after 8 pm.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
07-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:Whoa. Wait a second.

1) PJ said that Vosur would receive evidence from God of His existence not only on a specific date but also at a specific time.

This the gist?
Not the gist.
1) If Vosur was open to it, as the post says.
2) Vosur had a family emergency at nearly that time on that date.
3) Vosur asked PJ for evidence.
4) PJ said perhaps God would reschedule and that Vosur's specious memory is strong indication he is unwilling or unable (from a predestinarian standpoint) to receive said evidence.
KC, if you would work with me as a brother perhaps we could accomplish more. Thanks!
07-03-2013, 03:07 PM
"...at nearly that time on that date."

So, close only counts in horeshoes, hand grenades, and god?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:"...at nearly that time on that date." So, close only counts in horeshoes, hand grenades, and god?
I said that was NOT the evidence/proof and that surely Vosur was distracted... and close also counts with nuclear weapons... Smile
07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
(07-03-2013 03:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Whoa. Wait a second.

This the gist?
Not the gist.
1) If Vosur was open to it, as the post says.
2) Vosur had a family emergency at nearly that time on that date.
3) Vosur asked PJ for evidence.
4) PJ said perhaps God would reschedule and that Vosur's specious memory is strong indication he is unwilling or unable (from a predestinarian standpoint) to receive said evidence.
KC, if you would work with me as a brother perhaps we could accomplish more. Thanks!
Are you a mouthpiece for God? Are you recognized as this? Prophets of Biblical times where recognized as such.

I do not, nor can I, consider you to be a mouthpiece for God. As such, your writings are considered soothsayings - predictions - crystal ball mumbo jumbo.

Per the scripture, these acts are considered evil.

So no, I cannot "work" with you as a brother because you aren't practicing Biblical concepts.

07-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I see. Are you conversant with the scriptures regarding the calling for all brothers and sisters to be a priesthood for God, ambassadors for God, reconcilers for God, peacemakers, just and judges, etc? And our hallmark is our love for one another. As we work together in love, we stand as an added witness of the harmony and peace Jesus has placed in our lives. But to answer your question directly, yes, indeed I speak for God as do all who seek to give honest testimony of Jesus Christ.
07-03-2013, 05:16 PM
(07-03-2013 05:02 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I see. Are you conversant with the scriptures regarding the calling for all brothers and sisters to be a priesthood for God, ambassadors for God, reconcilers for God, peacemakers, just and judges, etc? And our hallmark is our love for one another. As we work together in love, we stand as an added witness of the harmony and peace Jesus has placed in our lives. But to answer your question directly, yes, indeed I speak for God as do all who seek to give honest testimony of Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 14:22-25

22 So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe. 23 Therefore if the whole church assembles together and all speak in tongues, and ungifted men or unbelievers enter, will they not say that you are mad? 24 But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; 25 the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you.

Prophecy is for believers; not unbelievers. If an unbeliever hears a prophecy of the believers, he will either think they are mad or will confess to believe in God and become a believer.

Since you prophesied directly to Vosur, and he did not become a believer, your prophecy is not of God and is soothsaying... an unbiblical practice.

The only time an unbeliever should hear prophecy is if he hears it being done between believers. It is not for unbelievers per the scripture.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
08-03-2013, 07:25 AM
(06-03-2013 02:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A Christian said this once:

"I cannot provide you proof. If proof were possible, it would require God and the miraculous to be measurable, repeatable, observable, which would imply that proof would rest in understanding the physical and natural phenomena of the universe. This would mean that in order for God, to be provable, he would have to be part of the physical universe is subject to its laws. But then, that would contradict the issue of who God is and what were trying to discuss and proof to begin with."

Discuss.
Translation: I cannot prove god exists because no such proof exists in the universe, and no proof can exist because that would contradict the definition of god, therefore I'm just a nutjob who believes in a completely random concept that has nothing to do with anything else in the universe, but for some reason I see it as a fact even though I have just admitted that there is no, and can never be any, evidence for it.

Science, logic and how they destroy religious arguments @ http://scepticalprophet.wordpress.com/

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.
- Isaac Asimov.
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
08-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:Prophecy is for believers; not unbelievers. If an unbeliever hears a prophecy of the believers, he will either think they are mad or will confess to believe in God and become a believer.
1) But this passage mentions tongues also, which may be done privately as well and is not solely for one people group. What in the Greek or English has encouraged you that prophecies are for believers only? 2) Prophecies in this arena could mean "encouragement" and not "forthtelling". 3) My speaking to Vosur could have been a word of knowledge and not a prophecy. Especially since it was conditioned on his obedience/willingness to listen to God and not foreordained as destined to happen. 4) Also, for all we know, Vosur may be one of the elect. He was formerly in the church as a confessional believer, and is about as rational and even keeled (except for cursing at me once in a while) as any believer I know. 5) I like your insights on the scriptures, though. Keep them coming!