Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
08-03-2013, 10:33 AM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(08-03-2013 07:56 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  He [...] is about as rational and even keeled (except for cursing at me once in a while) as any believer I know.
Up until now I was under the impression that I had successfully avoided doing that. You have my apologies in case I really did insult you at some point.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 10:48 AM
(07-03-2013 03:00 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Whoa. Wait a second.

Let me see if I'm reading this correctly:

1) PJ said that Vosur would receive evidence from God of His existence not only on a specific date but also at a specific time.
2) Vosur did not receive the evidence.
3) PJ said Vosur did receive the evidence and is lying.
4) Vosur reiterated that he did not receive the evidence.

This the gist?
Not the gist.
1) If Vosur was open to it, as the post says.
2) Vosur had a family emergency at nearly that time on that date.
3) Vosur asked PJ for evidence.
4) PJ said perhaps God would reschedule and that Vosur's specious memory is strong indication he is unwilling or unable (from a predestinarian standpoint) to receive said evidence.
KC, if you would work with me as a brother perhaps we could accomplish more. Thanks!

It's one of the peculiar features of American Fundamentalism, that failure to believe, is seen as moral failing, "oh you're just not open to Jebus' truth". In fact Jebus said the opposite : "For many are called but few are CHOSEN", and "No one shall come to me unless the father draw him". Saul of Tarsus, (well, one of the two or of three Pauls, you know, the one who started the religion SPJ practices, .... it's called Paulianity), said that faith was one of the "gifts of the spirit". Not everyone was given "gifts", or the same "gifts". So SPJT proves once agian he knows nothing about his own cult, or it's origins. We know the Hebrews did not believe in immortality, and for those who were given it, it had nothing to do with "going to heaven".
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...surrection
BTW SPJ, you have "accomplished" exactly NOTHING here. Obviously you're not up to this task. Please send out for some help.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

08-03-2013, 11:52 AM
It's not a folly of American Christianity but statements of the Bible regarding God's searching for those who are open and those who are open or not. We can redact everything simply to whether you have free will. Free will touches any confirmatory bias or desire to go one's own way and reject authority.
08-03-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 12:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
There is no such thing as "free will". Neuro-science has proven decisions are made before we are conscious of them. Do you EVER plan on getting an education ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6S9OidmNZM

So you ARE assuming bad faith in all non-believers.
"Judge not, lest ye be judged", SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
(08-03-2013 12:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no such thing as "free will". Neuro-science has proven decisions are made before we are conscious of them.

"Free won't" seems more likely at this point.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
08-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:So you ARE assuming bad faith in all non-believers.
Absolutely not. You never know where someone is in their secret heart and most people like to post and say things that are self-defensive of the very walls that crumble inside them.
Quote:There is no such thing as "free will". Neuro-science has proven decisions are made before we are conscious of them.
The spinal nerves make decisions, yes, e.g. to leap away from a burning substance without any thinking at all. A godly or evolved self-preservation mechanism has nothing to do with the fact that two people will draw to different decisions on the same matter or how the same person will consciously choose different things at different times from the same stimuli. Sorry, but lack of free will holds no more water with Jesus Christ than with judges, cops and spouses!
08-03-2013, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2013 07:22 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-03-2013 01:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So you ARE assuming bad faith in all non-believers.
Absolutely not. You never know where someone is in their secret heart and most people like to post and say things that are self-defensive of the very walls that crumble inside them.
Quote:There is no such thing as "free will". Neuro-science has proven decisions are made before we are conscious of them.
The spinal nerves make decisions, yes, e.g. to leap away from a burning substance without any thinking at all. A godly or evolved self-preservation mechanism has nothing to do with the fact that two people will draw to different decisions on the same matter or how the same person will consciously choose different things at different times from the same stimuli. Sorry, but lack of free will holds no more water with Jesus Christ than with judges, cops and spouses!

You actually know nothing about what you are ranting about. Decision making has nothing to do with spinal ennervation. You are blowing hot air, (as usual). You need to refute the SCIENCE in the videos.

08-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Proof was rejected and murdered. Still being rejected today. Also, full revelation requires nothing but obedience. Faith and love is what God wants from us. Not robotic obedience.
08-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Quote:You actually know nothing about what you are ranting about. Decision making ahs nothing to do with spinal ennervation. You are blowing hot air, (as usual). You need to refute the SCIENCE in the videos.
Huh? I'm AGREEING with the videos and you regarding the fact that decisions and even actions are made without conscious thought. I'd go further and cite that most emotional reactions are based on past memories and not present, real circumstances (not really mad at a spouse but living out childhood traumas/lies, etc.). But what I'm also saying is only a stone fool would ever dare say that ALL human decisions are "triggered" rather than "philosophized" and I know you'd agree with me. You have free will.
08-03-2013, 08:09 PM
(08-03-2013 03:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Huh? I'm AGREEING with the videos and you regarding the fact that decisions and even actions are made without conscious thought. I'd go further and cite that most emotional reactions are based on past memories and not present, real circumstances (not really mad at a spouse but living out childhood traumas/lies, etc.). But what I'm also saying is only a stone fool would ever dare say that ALL human decisions are "triggered" rather than "philosophized" and I know you'd agree with me.

Yup. I'm with you there, brother.

(08-03-2013 03:29 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You have free will.

Nope. Now you've lost me.

Breathing - it's more art than science.