Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
11-03-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
Prophecy is not telling the future. Repeat after me, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Prophecy is NOT fortune telling, and divination. They are forbidden in Leviticus.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2013, 12:23 AM
PJ:

[Image: firewall.jpg]

“I've done everything the Bible says — even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!"— Ned Flanders
[+] 4 users Like EGross's post
12-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:Prophecy is not telling the future. Repeat after me, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Prophecy is NOT fortune telling, and divination. They are forbidden in Leviticus.
BB, I hear you loud and clear. If we take the English terms, "soothsayer" and "soothsaying", as we have them in certain translations, we can look up the English terms and get soothsayer = telling the future. I hear you loud and clear. Many fine translations do not use soothsayer or fortune teller, etc. but "witchcraft, necromancer," etc. We can see this as a translator's bias or we can accept what I'm saying as true based on a logical argument, since it was also forbidden to follow a fortune teller who said to worship a different God than Yahuvah... implying that God's prophets told the future but followed the true God. Further, we have literally thousands of Bible verses that use correct English future terms... "will", "when", "after these things", "in that day", "when the 70 years have been completed"... etc. One example that comes to mind is God telling Abraham, called a "Nabi" or prophet in the Jewish tradition, since he is the first person of whom that expression is used... "Know this, that your people will be enslaved about 400 years, after which I will bring them out of that land and into this land..." etc. Ezekiel was to lay on his side for 420 days representing 420 years of captivity as discussed elsewhere... David was told his son would reign forever over Israel while Solomon was told his line would be cut off... (Jesus is David's line through his son Nathan, not his son Solomon)... Jesus Himself foretold His death and resurrection... He told Peter to go to a lake and catch a fish to pay the taxes, He told His disciples to wait for His post-resurrection appearance in Gaililee and to wait on power from high in Jerusalem (at Pentecost)... I get that you heard this newly formed liberal idea in school, but it's only ludicrous (I'm not mocking you, just the liberal scholars that pushed this idea) because about one-third of the Holy Bible speaks in future tense about future events as spoken by prophets and prophetesses... I'm sure KC or someone else can confirm for you how we may simply look at second tense Greek verbs for future events and even fourth tense verbs (completed perfect) to show how adamant God is that when He says He'll do something, He does it... a "proof" of the Bible's authenticity that comes to mind is God saying, "Who is like me? Who declares things in advance and then brings them to pass?" and God's statement that surely He does nothing "without [in advance] informing His prophets..." Thanks.
13-03-2013, 09:02 AM
(06-03-2013 03:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  There really isn't much to discuss.

This topic has been beaten to death.

You can't subject God to a finite set of rules if He is infinite.

In doing this, you create a conundrum in which there is an impasse between theist and atheist. No side can win; nor gain any advantage in the discussion because each side of the argument are so stalwart in their own right.
Not all of us are stalwarts in that way, I say meh most of the time. Everyone else can say/think what they please, but if there ideas have no practical application or perceivable effects I dont give em a lot of time, outside of a topic of conversation.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-03-2013, 09:22 AM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 09:25 AM by DeavonReye.)
PleaseJesus, . . . can you ask your god to do this [provide evidence of his existence] for me . . . this Friday at high noon? I'll be on the lookout for "his evidence that he is real". Of course, . . . it must be more than coincidence, or something that was bound to happen anyway. I will be at a special place already, so that will not be evidence. It's gotta make me say "wow!!!" before I agree it was "your god giving me evidence".
13-03-2013, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 07:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(11-03-2013 02:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Actually, the Torah describes perfectly the Diaspora and sufferings of Israel for their rejection of the Messiah. Before you change your story again, this time to get madder at Ha Shem, recognize that after 1/2 to 2/3 of world Jewry were slaughtered by the Nazis, in fulfillment of prophecy, less than three years later Israel was a Jewish nation again, to the astonishment of the world...! Prophecy... and prophecy.

Oh my dear fucking fuck. First we have the Christians trying to take on BuckyBall on the Bible, someone who's actually been to seminary school and knows a scholarly thing or two about Christianity, and now we have the Christians trying to take on a grampa heretical Jew on the Torah. Oh my dear fucking fuck. ... Keep throwing yourselves in the lions' den and the fiery furnace. None of you fuckers is Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach nor Abednego and this Roman enjoys the spectacle. Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
14-03-2013, 08:28 AM
A thing or two, sure. And yes, millions of Christians have tried to discuss with varying degrees of success the Torah with Jewish people - both sides often receiving insights from the other. So what? Of course, you assumed PJ never went to seminary, a secular school or isn't Jewish... Smile
14-03-2013, 11:43 AM
(14-03-2013 08:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A thing or two, sure. And yes, millions of Christians have tried to discuss with varying degrees of success the Torah with Jewish people - both sides often receiving insights from the other. So what? Of course, you assumed PJ never went to seminary, a secular school or isn't Jewish... Smile

So far, all empirical evidence (your posts) have lead us to believe you are anything but educated, jewish, or a high school graduate (let alone seminary)... Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-03-2013, 04:27 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 04:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2013 08:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Of course, you assumed PJ never went to seminary, ...

No, I inferred you ain't never been to seminary based on your interaction with Fullerene. If you did, I can only conclude you was either a piss poor student or went to a piss poor seminary.

(14-03-2013 08:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  ... a secular school ...

I think you mean non-secular. The default assumption is you went to a secular school. If you meant non-secular, I never assumed any such thing. Never said nothing 'bout that. You very well might've gone to a non-secular school like Girly attended a Lutheran school for K-9. That ain't seminary. Not even close. That's indoctrination. Girly ain't stupid enough to argue with the Carbon60 or the Fulton when it comes to the Bible. I'll take 'em on in the dohyō of metaphysics and epistemology, but not the Bible or the history of Christianity. That's a fool's errand.

(14-03-2013 08:28 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  or isn't Jewish... Smile

Again, never assumed any such thing. Jews For Jesus for the win!

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
15-03-2013, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 09:04 AM by PleaseJesus.)
Quote:So far, all empirical evidence (your posts) have lead us to believe you are anything but educated, jewish, or a high school graduate (let alone seminary)... [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]
Praise the Lord, then, for my part, I count my past and my knowledge and my good looks and charm as loss compared to knowing the Messiah. Smile

I have an A.S. in computer sciences. I have a B.A. in Religion from a university with an overwhelmingly Atheist faculty teaching on Judaism and Christianity. My sciences like biology and chemistry are not as strong as they could be because I always preferred what I call the "soft" or "people" sciences of history, culture studies, geography, etc. I have some diverse interests and teach often. I know a LOT about things like espionage, golf, pocket billiards, the Holocaust, metascience, the occult, cultic groups and practices, the Roman Catholic Church, etc. I'm not a jerk (most of the time) when I'm off this forum and if you don't find me interesting, I do know a lot of famous and interesting people. I collect things and just acquired the only 8 copies of a something that hundreds of people are looking for worldwide--I call that a blessing. I have an item on eBay right now for a friend for over $150,000 that is the most famous item of its kind in the world. I'm easygoing and people seem to like me.

I also wouldn't waste my time or yours on Pascal's wager, the "c'mon just pray and find out for yourself," and, let's be honest, all the tired old things Christians say in real life and on this forum. I do, however, have some very unique spins on things, since I was raised to be a debater and skeptic. If you want to really engage on the issues, give me a shout.