Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
15-03-2013, 09:03 AM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
(15-03-2013 08:58 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:So far, all empirical evidence (your posts) have lead us to believe you are anything but educated, jewish, or a high school graduate (let alone seminary)... [Image: coffeedrinker.gif]
Praise the Lord, then, for my part, I count my past and my knowledge and my good looks and charm as loss compared to knowing the Messiah. Smile
I have an A.S. in computer sciences. I have a B.A. in Religion from a university with an overwhelmingly Atheist faculty teaching on Judaism and Christianity. My sciences like biology and chemistry are not as strong as they could be because I always preferred what I call the "soft" or "people" sciences of history, culture studies, geography, etc. I have some diverse interests and teach often. I know a LOT about things like espionage, golf, pocket billiards, the Holocaust, metascience, the occult, cultic groups and practices, the Roman Catholic Church, etc. I'm not a jerk (most of the time) when I'm off this forum and if you don't find me interesting, I do know a lot of famous and interesting people. I collect things and just acquired the only 8 copies of a something that hundreds of people are looking for worldwide--I call that a blessing. I have an item on eBay right now for a friend for over $150,000 that is the most famous item of its kind in the world. I'm easygoing and people seem to like me.
I also wouldn't waste my time or yours on Pascal's wager, the "c'mon just pray and find out for yourself," and, let's be honest, all the tired old things Christians say in real life and on this forum. I do, however, have some very unique spins on things, since I was raised to be a debater and skeptic. If you want to really engage on the issues, give me a shout.

I'd like to check out your auctions. What is your ebay id?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:Prophecy is not telling the future. Repeat after me, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Prophecy is NOT fortune telling, and divination. They are forbidden in Leviticus.
Buddy, so you've told me MANY times now. When do I get to say, "Um, uh-duh, I've read Leviticus (the whole thing, not two verses) probably 10 times more than you have, and I know." "Soothsaying", which means "telling the future", is not used in most translations, and both the actual Hebrew of the passages under concern and their surrounding context explain:

1. The forbidden fortune telling was done by "witches and sorcerers," not people proclaiming the Word of the only God and Lord.

2. It is arguable that the item in question was future telling and not just plain old witchcraft, you know, "I curse you!" kind of like you do to me every other thread.

What you're doing is creating a straw man to invalidate the whole Bible, since 1/3 of it is future telling--and evidence that God exists. You'd be on much safer ground to give me a whole list of other "contradictions". C'mon, just Google some... you can do it! Better yet, TRY to find one I've not heard and knocked out of the ballpark 200 times before! Smile
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 09:17 AM
(15-03-2013 09:03 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Prophecy is not telling the future. Repeat after me, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Prophecy is NOT fortune telling, and divination. They are forbidden in Leviticus.
Buddy, so you've told me MANY times now. When do I get to say, "Um, uh-duh, I've read Leviticus (the whole thing, not two verses) probably 10 times more than you have, and I know." "Soothsaying", which means "telling the future", is not used in most translations, and both the actual Hebrew of the passages under concern and their surrounding context explain:

1. The forbidden fortune telling was done by "witches and sorcerers," not people proclaiming the Word of the only God and Lord.

2. It is arguable that the item in question was future telling and not just plain old witchcraft, you know, "I curse you!" kind of like you do to me every other thread.

What you're doing is creating a straw man to invalidate the whole Bible, since 1/3 of it is future telling--and evidence that God exists. You'd be on much safer ground to give me a whole list of other "contradictions". C'mon, just Google some... you can do it! Better yet, TRY to find one I've not heard and knocked out of the ballpark 200 times before! Smile

Nope. Your entire pile of bullshit, ever since you came here, is built on the fortune-telling fallacy. There is no distiction made in Leviticus between "the word" and anything else. I could care less how many times you've read it. Your just another fundie, full of uneducted bullshit. You would flunk out of any main-line school with your fundie garbage. You'rve converted no one, SexuallyPleasingJebusTroll. Google whatever you like, jerk. I don't follow trolls down the rabbit hole. You wish. You self-righteous troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Wouldn't you think the Pharisees, who memorized the Torah, would notice the issue also? Here's from a Strong's definition:
) to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience,
diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen

a) (Piel)
1) to practice divination
2) to observe the signs or omens
Observation of signs is possible. Fortune telling is possible. The Hebrew word choice in English would be based on context regardless!
18-03-2013, 04:11 PM
(18-03-2013 11:55 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Wouldn't you think the Pharisees, who memorized the Torah, would notice the issue also? Here's from a Strong's definition:

) to practice divination, divine, observe signs, learn by experience,

diligently observe, practice fortunetelling, take as an omen

a) (Piel)

1) to practice divination

2) to observe the signs or omens

Observation of signs is possible. Fortune telling is possible. The Hebrew word choice in English would be based on context regardless!
Sure, it's called schizophrenia.

Keep your rosaries out of my ovaries, and your theology out of my biology.
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people." --Dr. House
19-03-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:Sure, it's called schizophrenia.
The AMA and the APA, and truly disabled people with mental illnesses would find your labeling Theists and spiritual practioners who hear from God and communicate with God as unwell not only distasteful but inappropriate and unscientific/unreasonable. There's no need to be a bully on this forum.
19-03-2013, 08:47 AM
(19-03-2013 08:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Sure, it's called schizophrenia.
The AMA and the APA, and truly disabled people with mental illnesses would find your labeling Theists and spiritual practioners who hear from God and communicate with God as unwell not only distasteful but inappropriate and unscientific/unreasonable. There's no need to be a bully on this forum.

Those who believe gods speak to them are likely schizophrenic. They are most certainly delusional.

19-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:Those who believe gods speak to them are likely schizophrenic. They are most certainly delusional.
Uh-huh. Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan. Lavoisier. Pascal. Mendel. Washington. Lincoln. Likely your current employer. Many of your college professors. Uh-huh.
19-03-2013, 01:11 PM
(19-03-2013 01:08 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Those who believe gods speak to them are likely schizophrenic. They are most certainly delusional.
Uh-huh. Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan. Lavoisier. Pascal. Mendel. Washington. Lincoln. Likely your current employer. Many of your college professors. Uh-huh.

Everyone who believes in gods is delusional.

20-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Quote:Everyone who believes in gods is delusional.
Um, were your parents, your grandparents "delusional"? Should we keep you under lock and key since you are genetically prone to insanity? And yet, if most of the people on this forum are like you--and say all of us are delusional, you still won't admit you have assembled for the purposes of promoting a shared belief? You have no EMPIRICAL evidence to say that the (100 Million?) God-talks-to-me people in America are all insane. Therefore, you have a RELIGIOUS belief without evidence based on faith. Further, Chas, you promote freedom FROM religion while pushing YOUR belief system on others on this forum? Isn't this forum an organized group of people with a common belief(s) about delusional people on the loose? Sounds like a religious group to me, and a nutty or cultic one to boot!