Heard Around The Oort Cloud

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Votes - 1.56 Average
06-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Heard Around The Oort Cloud
A Christian said this once:

"I cannot provide you proof. If proof were possible, it would require God and the miraculous to be measurable, repeatable, observable, which would imply that proof would rest in understanding the physical and natural phenomena of the universe. This would mean that in order for God, to be provable, he would have to be part of the physical universe is subject to its laws. But then, that would contradict the issue of who God is and what were trying to discuss and proof to begin with."

Discuss.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: Heard Around The Oort Cloud
This Christian being you or a friend of yours, of course. Also, check your spelling.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
06-03-2013, 03:06 PM
"I cannot provide you proof. If proof were possible, it would require God Titans and the miraculous to be measurable, repeatable, observable, which would imply that proof would rest in understanding the physical and natural phenomena of the universe. This would mean that in order for God Titans, to be provable, they would have to be part of the physical universe are subject to its laws. But then, that would contradict the issue of who God the Titans are and what we're trying to discuss and proof to begin with."

Or use ghosts, goblins, fairies, monsters, time-travelling aliens, etc. If you believe it, great. If you think something like the above quote demonstrates anything other than a delusion, sorry. If you think it makes a sound argument, you are wrong. If it is the reason you believe, your position is weak and heavily flawed. If you think it will convince anyone, you are delusional (again).

Evolve
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:This Christian being you or a friend of yours, of course. Also, check your spelling.
Well, you don't have omniscience, this is clear.
06-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Hey Phaedrus, PJ just called you a human.

Evolve
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
I also like how PJ always gives his threads a 5 star rating out of the gate, since no one else rates them it seems.

Evolve
06-03-2013, 03:20 PM
(06-03-2013 03:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I also like how PJ always gives his threads a 5 star rating out of the gate, since no one else rates them it seems.
I just rated it down both because of the asinine quote in the OP and because I didn't notice you could rate it until you mentioned it.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like yumeji's post
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
(06-03-2013 03:11 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I also like how PJ always gives his threads a 5 star rating out of the gate, since no one else rates them it seems.
Fixed.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
06-03-2013, 03:30 PM
(06-03-2013 02:50 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  A Christian said this once:

"I cannot provide you proof. If proof were possible, it would require God and the miraculous to be measurable, repeatable, observable, which would imply that proof would rest in understanding the physical and natural phenomena of the universe. This would mean that in order for God, to be provable, he would have to be part of the physical universe is subject to its laws. But then, that would contradict the issue of who God is and what were trying to discuss and proof to begin with."

Discuss.
Thumbsup

Now apply that to omnipresence, and his ability to interact with the world and you'd find that it becomes impossible for god to do anything in the physical universe.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
06-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Very interesting. I don't care for this quote... and I wouldn't submit it as "proof". I rated two (?) of my threads once I saw some interesting responses I liked. Sorry. I won't share my opinions any more. Smile