Hearing Protection Act Introduced in House

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Hearing Protection Act Introduced in House
(16-01-2017 05:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 01:16 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I gotta hand it to you, you have a shit-ton more patience than I. If it took that long in that kind of weather, I'd figure out a technique like I'd use for fishing, if I wanted to have fish- dynamite the crick.

I'm sitting in a blind.....

That's heated.

And carpeted.

With TV.

And DVD.

And munchies.

And a toilet...

but yeah -- you still gotta sit quietly, stay awake, alert and make as little movement as possible --- so patience is a must.....

It makes for some long, boring days....

My ideal hunt would be a herd of deer, that found and ate somebody's Valium stash --- and stood quietly in the first 15 minutes on opening morning and allowed me to whack my limit........

So far,. it's failed to happen...

Seasons make it boring. More active if you could just kill anything you see Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2017, 09:31 AM
(16-01-2017 12:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 12:11 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I stick 'em in at the start of a shoot and leave them in place. Takes me all of 10 seconds.
They're great for range use. I use them myself. Very comfortable, and nicely disposable...... They're just not good for hunting. I'd go nuts with something stuck in my ear for hours on end..... I frequently spend up to 11 hours at a time, sitting in the blind...

I'm not a hunter (never have been, except for bunnies) so I guess potentially long hours of wearing the plugs isn't an issue. I'm solely a competition target shooter, and all my "kills" are paper and plywood LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-01-2017, 11:13 AM
(21-01-2017 09:31 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(16-01-2017 12:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They're great for range use. I use them myself. Very comfortable, and nicely disposable...... They're just not good for hunting. I'd go nuts with something stuck in my ear for hours on end..... I frequently spend up to 11 hours at a time, sitting in the blind...

I'm not a hunter (never have been, except for bunnies) so I guess potentially long hours of wearing the plugs isn't an issue. I'm solely a competition target shooter, and all my "kills" are paper and plywood LOL.

Years ago I got a hole burned through my left eardrum. (Welding slag from stick welding.... (never tilt your head, when stick welding)..)

I ended up seeing an audiologist several times. One of the things he told me, was you shouldn't wear earplugs for extended periods - as it will chafe the ear canal --- and you get sweat buildup where you shouldn't. He's seen some nasty fungal infections as a result of extended earplug use. He said if you HAVE to wear sound protection - long term - muffs are the answer......

He said the other option -- change jobs.....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.