Hearing Voices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2013, 06:29 PM
RE: Hearing Voices
(03-04-2013 06:10 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 06:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  "Miss Transylvania of the Urals"
[Image: rofl.gif]

Oh man, did this make me laugh out loud like someone possessed (hm, do possessed people laugh Consider ). And I actually went and googled it, thinking my history wasn't that good (which it isn't). You know what it says in Russian? Mrs. Third Reich of the Urals Laughat

(Also, Transylvania is in Romania - save it for Chaos Tongue )

Glad you laughed like a woman possesed, that was the intent. Can't help it if this place http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-russian/# screwed up the translation. I speak two languages, neither is Russian.
My geography is actually very good, helps me when I really want to make a funny Cool
Type in "Miss Transylvania of the Urals" into the link I posted and see what you get.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2013, 06:41 PM
(03-04-2013 06:29 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Glad you laughed like a woman possesed, that was the intent. Can't help it if this place http://translation.babylon.com/english/to-russian/# screwed up the translation. I speak two languages, neither is Russian.
My geography is actually very good, helps me when I really want to make a funny Cool
Type in "Miss Transylvania of the Urals" into the link I posted and see what you get.

Yeah, I figured your geography couldn't be that bad. Still, should've gone with Balkans. Can't go wrong with them. Or if you wanna hit real close to home - Vitosha - nearest big mountain to me Angel

Also, as much I as hate saying good things about google, I've got two words for you: google translate. Translations still suck a lot, esp. with real sentences, but still - much better than your place Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
03-04-2013, 06:49 PM
I read everything in my voice. I CAN make that voice like the voice of the author, or anyone else I have sufficient memories of for that matter, but doing so takes extra effort and takes away from the reading itself.

Sometimes I'll catch myself reading something in someone elses voice without meaning to. For example there was a quote with Morgan Freeman beside it on facebook, I read it in his voice.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
(03-04-2013 06:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, I figured your geography couldn't be that bad. Still, should've gone with Balkans. Can't go wrong with them. Or if you wanna hit real close to home - Vitosha - nearest big mountain to me Angel

Also, as much I as hate saying good things about google, I've got two words for you: google translate. Translations still suck a lot, esp. with real sentences, but still - much better than your place Yes

Good suggestion, here is Google's version Мисс Трансильвании Урала.

Closest I've been to Vitosha/Sofia Bulgaria is Athens, Greece.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
03-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Hearing Voices
(03-04-2013 04:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  'Smurf sounds like John Cleese (as Archie Leach in A Fish Called Wanda)

Bloody brilliant! Although I think he got to have more fun in Fierce Creatures.

Also, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. Thanks FC!
03-04-2013, 08:41 PM
(03-04-2013 08:24 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 04:10 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  'Smurf sounds like John Cleese (as Archie Leach in A Fish Called Wanda)

Bloody brilliant! Although I think he got to have more fun in Fierce Creatures.

Looks like I have you pegged properly! Haven't seen Fierce Creatures, will add to list of movies to watch, thanks for the tip.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-04-2013, 12:43 AM
Hearing Voices
(03-04-2013 08:41 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(03-04-2013 08:24 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Bloody brilliant! Although I think he got to have more fun in Fierce Creatures.

Looks like I have you pegged properly! Haven't seen Fierce Creatures, will add to list of movies to watch, thanks for the tip.

Best almost-sequel ever. Almost the exact same cast as A Fish Called Wanda. Yet, not a sequel.