Heart repair done without surgery?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Heart repair done without surgery?
http://news.yahoo.com/heart-repair-break...57671.html

Discuss

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2013, 09:02 PM
RE: Heart repair done without surgery?
This is sort of old news. Angioplasty replaced a lot of open heart stuff a LONG time ago. A lot of stuff gets done this way now. There's even a new way to do vein grafts without cutting the sternum, from a lateral approach. A lot of kids have their Foramen Ovale's, (as well as adults), done by inserting, (threading up) an "umbrella", and opening it up when it's in place. It really cool stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
24-03-2013, 09:44 PM
RE: Heart repair done without surgery?
Yeah' I can imagine a lot to cardiac surgery will change and be done by means of flexible tools and endoscopes inserted into the femoral artery in the patient's groin, then threaded up the abdominal artery to the heart. It may even make cardiac surgery an outpatient procedure one day.

Also, I imagine tools which can be threaded through the ribs for work on the outside surface of the heart.

It's a good time to be alive.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade