Heartbreaking, But..........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Heartbreaking, But..........
What a line of crap this poor tyke has been fed. Sadcryface

Girl Chooses Heaven Over Hospital

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2015, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 09:07 AM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
RE: Heartbreaking, But..........
(28-10-2015 06:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  What a line of crap this poor tyke has been fed. Sadcryface

I saw this article. My thoughts (for what little they're worth)...

The child is probably going to die, whether or not she is at home or hospital. Her choice is only going to affect her comfort, not change the outcome.

Even though she is young, she is cognizant and has the right to make the decision, or at the very least have input into it.

I respect the parents decision to honor her wishes.

It is gut wrenching, that she is comforting herself with false hope. But I think that's all she has left.

It fucking sucks.

ETA:
It seems that the parents chose to tell her about heaven in response to the child's anguish over the painful medical treatments.

I think that the parents are doing what they can to ease their child's suffering. It does not sound like there is any hope for a cure. It's not even a question of quality of life. Her condition is very bad and only getting worse.

With her age and her condition and the certainty of the outcome, I cannot find fault with the parents for offering the child what little comfort they can.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-10-2015, 09:05 AM
(28-10-2015 06:59 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  What a line of crap this poor tyke has been fed. Sadcryface

I don't know, I read about this elsewhere and she doesn't stand a chance of survival. At home, she will die sooner but peacefully, surrounded by people she knows and trusts, and she will still receive palliative care.

In the hospital she would be in a sterile room with strangers poking and prodding and it's anything but peaceful.

The heaven part is crap, but the need to experience a peaceful, comfortable death is real. People only go to hospitals to die because the system has swallowed them or because they want to spare their loved ones. No one wants to die in a sterile room with strangers poking at them.

She knows she doesn't want to go back to the hospital, and regardless of the fairy tales, she has a valid point.

It is one of my greatest fears that I will be swallowed by the system and end up helpless in a hospital being kept alive just to experience more torture before I can die.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
28-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Fucktard cunts feeding a poor kid full of lies and promises that will never pan out...

Tell the kid the truth - and she'll fight like a maniac to stay alive.....

"God will take care of me".....

FUCK YOU LYING COWARDLY COCKSUCKERS!!!!!!

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-10-2015, 10:59 AM
(28-10-2015 10:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fucktard cunts feeding a poor kid full of lies and promises that will never pan out...

Are you a parent?

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
28-10-2015, 11:05 AM
What a heartbreaking story. I see a lot of thrashing about here and gnashing of teeth about the line of crap she has been given, but it is the same line many of you had at her age. She'll never grow old enough to reason and decide for herself. That's the tragic part.
I have only compassion for her and her parents. If she derives any comfort from it, let her think what she wants now. No amount of treatment or fighting will alter her outcome.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
28-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Yes, I would equate it to this recent story.

Why stand on ceremony when you can help a dying child.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
28-10-2015, 12:25 PM
(28-10-2015 10:59 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 10:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Fucktard cunts feeding a poor kid full of lies and promises that will never pan out...

Are you a parent?

What difference would that make????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-10-2015, 12:52 PM
(28-10-2015 12:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What difference would that make????

Not a great deal. Mainly my curiosity.

I am a parent. I know that I react differently to situations now that I am a parent, as compared to before I was a father.

I was simply curious about your perspective.

28-10-2015, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2015 07:02 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
It's ridiculous to expect anyone to be making rational decisions when they're in such a desperate state.