Heated Debates On This Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2013, 02:25 PM
RE: Heated Debates On This Forum
(31-10-2013 02:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 02:16 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But y'all got dictionaries there with you, no?
Tongue

And thesauruses? Consider

Are those newly discovered dinosaurs? Angel

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-10-2013, 02:38 PM
(31-10-2013 02:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 02:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  And thesauruses? Consider

Are those newly discovered dinosaurs? Angel

the·sau·rus noun \thi-ˈsȯr-əs\
: a book in which words that have the same or similar meanings are grouped together
plural the·sau·ri or the·sau·rus·es

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Yes, . . . absolutely on the dictionary/thesaurus. Such tools can come in quite handy.

Don't get me wrong guys. I'm all for learning new things . . . . even if my ego is slightly bruised in the process.
31-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Although I will readily concede that there are people here far more intelligent than I (hell you should see me without spell check), I think mostly it comes down to prior exposure and research.

I COULD make a better argument but that would mean spending 5 hours researching a post like some sort of grad student trying to earn a degree in pointlessness.

Ps. My first month here I had a chip on my shoulder for Chas after he hit me with one too many Drinking Beverage s. Then he toned it down and I learned how to chalk it up to 'get off my lawn syndrome.'

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2013, 02:42 PM
(31-10-2013 02:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 02:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Are those newly discovered dinosaurs? Angel

the·sau·rus noun \thi-ˈsȯr-əs\
: a book in which words that have the same or similar meanings are grouped together
plural the·sau·ri or the·sau·rus·es

Gee, thanks Rev! Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-10-2013, 02:44 PM
(31-10-2013 02:40 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Although I will readily concede that there are people here far more intelligent than I (hell you should see me without spell check), I think mostly it comes down to prior exposure and research.

I COULD make a better argument but that would mean spending 5 hours researching a post like some sort of grad student trying to earn a degree in pointlessness.

Ps. My first month here I had a chip on my shoulder for Chas after he hit me with one too many Drinking Beverage s. Then he toned it down and I learned how to chalk it up to 'get off my lawn syndrome.'

I believe you're the only person, ever, to react negatively to my posts. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2013, 03:10 PM
Well, well, isn't this an interesting topic... Higher intelligence in Atheist section.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-10-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2013 03:14 PM by houseofcantor.)
Back up, I got this...

(31-10-2013 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 12:36 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Hey Chas... HOLOCAUST DENIAL!.... ALIENS EXIST.

EVERYONE STAND BACK!

And I have no sense of humor. Weeping

Peter Jackson pwns the book in the telling of The Lord of the Rings...

(31-10-2013 09:03 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  What I don't understand is a person using intelligence to personally attack the other person.

Cannot speak for everybody, of course, but I believe in reciprocity. Being an asshole, I got no problem calling everybody else an asshole. Besides, I'm a spawn of Wormtown, that's just how we show affection and shit. You fucking fuck.

(And yeah, I do that IRL as well.)

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
31-10-2013, 03:15 PM
(31-10-2013 11:13 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(31-10-2013 11:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Blink

Anj...let's see how far he takes this!Drinking Beverage

He's probably ignoring me...I sent him a reminder about Peter Jackson's birthday...probably planning to burn my embassy.

Sheesh, would be nice if the guy had a sense of humor. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-10-2013, 03:17 PM
(31-10-2013 03:10 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Back up, I got this...

(31-10-2013 02:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  And I have no sense of humor. Weeping

Peter Jackson pwns the book in the telling of The Lord of the Rings...

(31-10-2013 09:03 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  What I don't understand is a person using intelligence to personally attack the other person.

Cannot speak for everybody, of course, but I believe in reciprocity. Being an asshole, I got no problem calling everybody else an asshole. Besides, I'm a spawn of Wormtown, that's just how we show affection and shit. You fucking fuck.

(And yeah, I do that IRL as well.)

Look at you, using big words and stuff. I gotta get me one of them thar wordasaurus thingys.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post