Heathens Greetings Everyone

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Star Heathens Greetings Everyone
https://longwoodgardens.org

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftaildom.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-...mp;amp;f=1]

What did you do on your day off? We had a fine dinner and then ventured out to the country to look at the Christmas light decorations some of the great old houses have up.
Longwood Gardens has a spectacular display that we caught the other day.

Back to work tomorrow. Then we catch the end of year sales after January 1st and get all the stuff Christmas folk bought for big prices, even with discounts, at slashed rates. Blush

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Whoopsie Daisy's post
25-12-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Heathens Greetings Everyone
Welcome! Sounds like you had a nice day Smile I celebrated yesterday--had a dinner party. Today I just stayed in my pajamas and watched movies and ate a lot of junk Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-12-2016, 11:44 PM
We (well not me, but my brother and Jesus the gardener), do lots of lights and trees, to compete with the neighbors). They're always pretty cool.

All we did was drink and drink and eat and play with my dog. Some watch football...not me. It's hilarious when the house is full, my dog thinks it's his job to check on everyone. His first job is always to keep track of my little brother. The dog sleeps on my bed at night, but regularly trots off to see if Justy is in his bed, and asleep. Then he does his rounds to see if the foals from this year are OK, then he comes back to me for a while, until it's time to do his thing again, and checks on the goats and the lambs and the ostriches. He's a busy guy.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2016, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2016 05:48 AM by EvolutionKills.)
I worked. When I got back home, I checked out the sale on Steam. Picked up Dark Souls 3, subsequently proceeded to yell at it in impotent frustration. Went back to playing Harvest Moon: A New Beginning, before going to sleep and coming right back to work.

Indeed, there ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-12-2016, 05:48 AM
Hello! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
26-12-2016, 06:20 AM
A very quiet Xmas ate too much turkey roast potatoes and parsnips not forgetting the ubiquitous Brussels sprouts.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-12-2016, 08:08 AM
I got into an argument yesterday (Christmas) morning with a fellow resident of the hotel in which my family was staying, when I went down for breakfast in the dining area. She was loudly complaining that the Kansas City downtown had very few lights displays visible on the homes and businesses in the area.

The hotel chef patiently tried to explain to her that most of the displays were in the suburb areas, and that KCMO's downtown isn't heavily populated. But the lady would not be mollified, complaining, "I still don't get it. Is this not a Christian city?"

(I couldn't stand the irony because this part of the country is as religious as the Bible Belt/South, so I turned to engage.)

I quipped, "Maybe they're aware that the lights on the houses and trees are part of Yule, a pagan holiday, and they don't think it's a good idea to confuse pagan displays with Christian celebrations."

It's my favorite Christian Angry Face™ that I've thus far had the pleasure to experience. (Out of many in my life!)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Welcome!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
26-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Thank you all. Sounds like you had fun. Including ribbing the mad Christian faced lady at the hotel. Wink
I hope we all have a very prosperous , especially that, safe and happy new year too.
Gauze bless.

Gotcha! Bet you read that twice. Tongue

[Image: vcrzu1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Whoopsie Daisy's post
26-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Very relaxing.

☆☆☆