Heaven Is For Real

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2014, 07:36 PM
RE: Heaven Is For Real
(23-04-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  When I passed out for a second during labor I saw a bright light. Probably due to the massive effing spotlight they were shining on me hehe.

Were you in a hospital at any point while you were out of it?

No, I was stuck in a crushed car - and it was daytime, so it wasn't car lights shining...I was suffocating.

Scary!
This is an interesting read I think
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ear-death/

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
23-04-2014, 07:49 PM
(23-04-2014 07:36 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  No, I was stuck in a crushed car - and it was daytime, so it wasn't car lights shining...I was suffocating.

Scary!

Oxygen deprivation to the eye - that makes sense in that case.

Oddly, it wasn't scary. I wasn't scared whatsoever but very calm and then passed out...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-04-2014, 07:58 PM
(23-04-2014 07:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:36 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Scary!

Oxygen deprivation to the eye - that makes sense in that case.

Oddly, it wasn't scary. I wasn't scared whatsoever but very calm and then passed out...

Sounds scary to me, sorry you had to go through that, must have been a horrible experience non the less.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-04-2014, 08:04 PM
(23-04-2014 07:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-04-2014 07:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oxygen deprivation to the eye - that makes sense in that case.

Sounds scary to me, sorry you had to go through that, must have been a horrible experience non the less.

That's why we are designed to go into shock when something horrible happens - you are void of emotions and think clearly. Only way to survive something terrifying.

I just tried to think of a way to get the heck outta there, then passed out. The emotions come out much, much later, took almost a day before I let loose and cried. If I had died then, it wouldn't have been terrible, but everyone would have thought it must have been. Weird.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-04-2014, 02:12 AM
(23-04-2014 07:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  When I damn near died, I did see a bright light. That is all I remembered when I came to.

I am sure there is a physical reason for the light.

If the brain tries to survive, then it is no wonder that it calls up everything it has learned about death and everything it stores that is connected - people it knew who have died, as well as religious descriptions of what happens after death.

None of this surprises me in the least, it's perfectly logical.

A new scientific explanation for near-death experiences

Interesting reading and sounds entirely plausible to me. Ignore the comments, they completely misunderstand what's being said.

EDIT: Probably similar to the Scientific American article posted earlier.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post