Heaven is For Real - Doesn't Make Much Sense

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Heaven is For Real - Doesn't Make Much Sense

Turns out its also just a plain bad movie that makes no sense even within it's own context. Who'd have thought?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-05-2014, 03:06 AM
RE: Heaven is For Real - Doesn't Make Much Sense
This is from some 7 year old kid's indoctrinated imagination, right? I'm not surprised.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
06-05-2014, 01:25 PM
http://thaumaturgical.com/christian-woma...after-nde/

Happens in every way. NDE=/= God. All a NDE is a hallucination. And what is with all the christian movies lately?!

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Since when did we start believing the (fantastic) imaginations of little kids.

I guess if you're stuck with the mentality of a 5 year old with an imaginary friend you can't help it.
06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah the Burpos are full of it. My mom's got the second book that was written by Todd after Heaven Is For Real.

I came up with a great idea to test the reliability of these types of testimonies. I suggested that we examine the testimomy of heaven that Mary Baxter has and the one of Colton Burpo. The exercise is trying to spot the difference. There shouldn't be any material differences if this shit was real. Obviously my mom went nuts on me

I also suggested that these testimonies were unbiblical. I of course used the parable of Lazarus the beggar and the rich man. There's a point when the rich man is in hell and starts negotiating with Abraham. He asks if he could appear to his remaining family to warn them of this fiery hell. Abraham responds by saying that if they won't listen to Moses and the prophets then they would not listen to one that would rise from the dead.

My interpretation of this is that Jesus and co don't use the dead man comes back to holla technique. NDEs are a form of dead man comes back to holla. Therefore they are ALL false since the book of Luke gives us a precedence on the matter.

My mom said so long as it isn't against the word of god then it doesn't matter if they're imposters. I immediately resigned.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
27-07-2014, 12:35 AM
I ran across an alternate trailer for the movie that is probably a lot more honest than the real trailer. Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post