Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/20...rlife.html

Hoo-boy. You have a personal experience about aliens, monsters, or being as tall as a building and it's merely a hallucination. But a Christian doctor having a vision about heaven? Well, of course that's real Smile

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
11-10-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
So what about that one time I had a dream where I was wrestling midgets then?

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
11-10-2012, 08:12 AM
That's guy's account is very disappointing in two ways.

1) He claims his experience is proof of consciousness after death, but completely forgets he was never actually dead.
2) All that experience in the "after life" and he didn't bother to mention which god is the correct one for us to be following.

I'm off to pray to the butterflies...

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2012, 08:22 AM
So, the only time god talks to humans is (1) to uneducated goat herders thousands of years ago or (2) while you are unconscious. Proof enough for me!
[+] 4 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
11-10-2012, 08:58 AM
That's great news!!!

What's even better is that, after slamming my head into a wall and passing out after trying to have a logical discussion with Janus, a hobbit came up to me and told me Middle-Earth was real!!

All fear the almighty Sauron!!!

[Image: h8m4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
11-10-2012, 10:15 AM
(11-10-2012 08:22 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So, the only time god talks to humans is (1) to uneducated goat herders thousands of years ago or (2) while you are unconscious. Proof enough for me!
Haha. Seems legit, yeah!

I saw this and just kind of facepalmed. It just goes to show how desperate some people are to interpret anything to fit their preconceived notions/wishes.

Quote:So what about that one time I had a dream where I was wrestling midgets then?
Congratulations! You've just proved the existence of midget wrestling!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
11-10-2012, 11:00 AM
*Supposedly*, (???) he is a Harvard educated Neurosurgeon. Hmmm Consider There is no evidence in the article of an EEG, or what it showed, or an MRI, or a PET Scan. He was not dead. He said "cortex had shut down". What does THAT mean, exactly. No neurologist would talk like that. Parts of brains do not stop. They can be damaged, but no "discrete" entire neat part "shuts down", and he provided no evidence for the "shut down". How would he know if he was in a coma ?
Every image he reported was temporally and spatially dependent on Western cultural themes and music, and insects which he already knew about. NOT ONE image, or sound or any of the content was "unknown" to his brain before the coma. Then he said the music was "coming from "above". So obviously he was not "up" there, IN heaven. No theologian would use temporal/spatial references in describing "heaven". This actually does MORE to debunk this sort of "near death" crap, than support it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Re: RE: Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
(11-10-2012 08:22 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  So, the only time god talks to humans is (1) to uneducated goat herders thousands of years ago or (2) while you are unconscious. Proof enough for me!

There are still uneducated goat herders today who talk to god(allah).
11-10-2012, 11:44 AM
(11-10-2012 11:10 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  

There are still uneducated goat herders today who talk to god(allah).

I know a lot of people who talk to god. Wonder where they keep their goats? Consider

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
11-10-2012, 01:09 PM
Guys, yesterday a donkey talked to me. True story.
[+] 1 user Likes thirdangletheory's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Penn & Teller - Signs from 'Heaven' Ace 4 460 16-07-2014 08:29 AM
Last Post: Ace
  Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement Mark Fulton 92 4,276 16-07-2014 07:47 AM
Last Post: Skippy538
  Former Believers - Did You Ever Try To Rationalize The Concept Of Heaven? WindyCityJazz 12 221 05-07-2014 11:51 PM
Last Post: Michael_Tadlock
  Proof Yahweh isn't real. TSG 40 1,950 18-06-2014 12:57 PM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  If it was real... part 1 TheStraightener 27 376 29-05-2014 08:09 AM
Last Post: djkamilo
  If hell exists than heaven cannot. Cathym112 24 484 28-04-2014 06:41 PM
Last Post: 31:25
  The bible's real purpose Mark Fulton 16 348 10-04-2014 09:49 AM
Last Post: Alex_Leonardo