Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
One would think getting halfway into "heaven" only to be thrown out immediately would present a different message...

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Matthew Laramore's post
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
(11-10-2012 08:12 AM)Impulse Wrote:  That's guy's account is very disappointing in two ways.

1) He claims his experience is proof of consciousness after death, but completely forgets he was never actually dead.

...or conscious!

Quote:2) All that experience in the "after life" and he didn't bother to mention which god is the correct one for us to be following.

Would you if that God apparently just kicked you out of heaven?
Last time I looked that wasn't the recommended m.o. to make friends.
11-10-2012, 05:50 PM
(11-10-2012 01:13 PM)Matthew Laramore Wrote:  One would think getting halfway into "heaven" only to be thrown out immediately would present a different message...

The believers will cherry-pick this just like do with everything else in their delusion.

"What, he saw heaven? He heard music? Well, that's proof right there. Checkmate, atheists!"

"What, he got kicked out? Well, that's just because the doctors brought him back to life so it wasn't his time to go to heaven."

"What, he wasn't dead? Well, that's why he only got to see it for 7 days and couldn't stay."

"See, it's all true. I hope I die soon, I can't wait to go to heaven."

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Why the hell is this on the science channel?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
WHY is this on the news?! It's not like I haven't been hearing radical claims like this all of my life...Nothing new, really. I guess this guy must have woken up from his coma and immediately reached for the phone...Wth?

"Leave the atom alone."
-E.Y. Harburgh
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Candy is good! (says guy with one tooth)

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
12-10-2012, 08:32 PM
(12-10-2012 07:08 PM)DreamWeaver Wrote:  WHY is this on the news?! It's not like I haven't been hearing radical claims like this all of my life...Nothing new, really. I guess this guy must have woken up from his coma and immediately reached for the phone...Wth?

Says you and Sam Harris......

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
12-10-2012, 08:53 PM
My sister told me about this. I have experienced magnificent hallucinations and dreams before, mostly in waking sleep. I know that these hallucinations/dreams are a product of my brain, and only a product of my brain. My sister and I had a conversation on this, mostly because she is a theist and she knows that I don't believe in any gods. She said that he was a neurologist (excuse me if I'm incorrect) so she said a scientist saw heaven. My reaction: "So what?" She said that if a scientist that studies the brain now believes, than why can't you? Me: "Well, there have been people that claim these things before." My sister then attacked with saying "science was his religion." That got me extraordinarily mad. At this point my father has come home and he is in open range of hearing me and my sister chat. She then rambles on about life being a test. The greatest moment of my life happened at this moment, I turned around and said exactly this. "If life is a test, then why isn't the test fair?" I wanted to make a bad ass move and walk away with my final quote. Then she interrupted the greatest moment and rambled on about how other people have it harder for a reason and BLAH BLAH BLAH. My next quote was pretty funny, I said "That's like giving a mentally disabled person a test on quantum physics, and giving the reincarnated Albert Einstein a test on the alphabet." Even she couldn't make a stupid remark on that. BowingBowingBowing
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
13-10-2012, 12:31 AM
(11-10-2012 01:09 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  Guys, yesterday a donkey talked to me. True story.

And just what did it say ? Please don't stop there. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
13-10-2012, 01:47 AM
(13-10-2012 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 01:09 PM)thirdangletheory Wrote:  Guys, yesterday a donkey talked to me. True story.

And just what did it say ? Please don't stop there. Drinking Beverage

There's a "talking" out of "ass" joke in there somewhere. But I can't be bothered.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post