Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2012, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2012 01:35 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
(13-10-2012 01:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 01:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Why didn't he say :
"God damn fucking god. Took me to heaven, gave me a good tease, and yanked me the hell out. Fucker." Tongue

Because that won't sell as many books. Drinking Beverage

A Harvard neurosurgeon, who posits the LEAST probable explanation, with NO testing possible, and is so easily debunked, while masquerading as a scientist is an embarrassment to Science, himself, and our institution. (I think he suffered brain damage) [Image: popcorn.gif]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Heaven is Real (says Doctor in a coma)
(13-10-2012 01:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 01:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because that won't sell as many books. Drinking Beverage

A Harvard neurosurgeon, who posits the LEAST probable explanation, with NO testing possible, and is so easily debunked, while masquerading as a scientist is an embarrassment to science, and himself, and our institution.

Has anyone confirmed he's a Harvard grad?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-10-2012, 01:30 PM
(13-10-2012 01:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-10-2012 01:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  A Harvard neurosurgeon, who posits the LEAST probable explanation, with NO testing possible, and is so easily debunked, while masquerading as a scientist is an embarrassment to science, and himself, and our institution.

Has anyone confirmed he's a Harvard grad?

The more important question is, now that I've had a dream that I'm wealthier than Bill Gates and have been spending accordingly will my bank account catch up or am I screwed?Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-10-2012, 03:03 PM
I would say coming out of a coma that it is possible to have a vivid hallucination and then write a book about it. I wonder if he has and residual effects from the infection..

"E. coli bacteria entered his cerebrospinal fluid and were eating his brain. It was unknown if he would live. Then, on the morning of his seventh day in the hospital, his eyes opened as the doctors weighed whether to discontinue treatment."

"Everything thus indicates that they have access to dreaming," emphasizes Laureys. "As a result, we can legitimately suppose that they still have a form of consciousness of self in addition to a certain consciousness of the external world."

http://rantpolitical.com/2012/10/10/eban...en-exists/
http://www.science20.com/news_articles/a...tudy-81693

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
14-10-2012, 06:28 AM
I find it amusing that none of these "cross-overs" ever come back scared out of their wits because they saw hell. You'd think any self-respecting god would use it as a tool to scare some people straight.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
14-10-2012, 06:38 AM
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

Here's Sam Harris response to this crap. I couldn't get beyond the sentence in the original article, where he says "the human part of my brain".
(as opposed to the alien part, or the rock part ?)

Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

14-10-2012, 06:59 AM
(14-10-2012 06:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

Here's Sam Harris response to this crap. I couldn't get beyond the sentence in the original article, where he says "the human part of my brain".
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid184014

Tongue

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-10-2012, 07:17 AM
(14-10-2012 06:59 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-10-2012 06:38 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid184014

Tongue

oh well. Blush

14-10-2012, 01:04 PM
For some reason this story reminded me of 'Contact' with Jodie Foster 0_o

"I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."
Stephen Hawking
15-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Eben Alexander is clearly motivated by money and fame. As a neurosurgeon, he doesn't really have to know neurobiology, but he ought to know better because he should have learned about it at some point in his education. I just have a biology degree and I know better than to jump to that kind of conclusion, let alone come out with a whole book about it. It's ridiculous. From what I have learned, states of minimal consciousness brought on by hypoxia can produce many strange experiences including changes in ones visual field, flashbacks, out of body experiences, and hallucinations. Experiences like this can be reproduced in G-force chambers and at high altitudes.
[+] 3 users Like CopperFish's post