"Heaven is for Real" Movie

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 02:33 PM by QUELSQUELS.)
"Heaven is for Real" Movie
http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/he...ler/164731

Just saw this preview on a commercial
Just so you guys are clear, heaven IS foreal .

JK everyone knows that's silly

Any thoughts on this upcoming movie? I only saw a portion of the preview But it looked like the story of a child attempting to convince an atheist of the reality heaven
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2014, 02:34 PM
RE: "Heaven is For Real" Movie
Looks interesting, would probably watch it just so I have an idea of what it is actually saying. I'd like to see the information that they claim this is based upon though.

I'm always skeptical when they say based on a true story.

Here's the thing, were any of this true, Christian apologetics would not exist. One does not have to bend in multiple ways to defend electricity or aerodynamics. - Banjo

god's love is unconditional on the condition you do every thing he says. - Betty Bowers
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2014, 02:38 PM
RE: "Heaven is for Real" Movie
(28-03-2014 02:34 PM)Blackhand293 Wrote:  Looks interesting, would probably watch it just so I have an idea of what it is actually saying. I'd like to see the information that they claim this is based upon though.

I'm always skeptical when they say based on a true story.

Kid had a NDE, something that has been completely explained by modern neurology and thinks that is proof of god and heaven. It is based on a book written by the kids parents. Complete confirmation bias.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Anyone else want to see a movie where a guy has an NDE and returns to earth with a shoebox containing the head of a prophet if not god himself?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
28-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I would like to see such a movie being made by a European religious movement.

It would then include lots of gay priests, cocaine, alcohol, orgies mixed with long hours of boring French dialoge.

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
[+] 3 users Like The Germans are coming's post
28-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Seems Legit,

Gods helps 1 kid from a white murican affluent family, and on the same day ignores 200 children who passed away in Africa of horrific malnutrition.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
28-03-2014, 09:03 PM
(28-03-2014 08:25 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Seems Legit,

Gods helps 1 kid from a white murican affluent family, and on the same day ignores 200 children who passed away in Africa of horrific malnutrition.

Well, they didn't believe.
(Totally ignoring the fact that no-one could teach them Christianity.)

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
03-04-2014, 07:32 PM
(28-03-2014 08:25 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Seems Legit,

And don't forget that the kid's dad was some kind of preacher, cue heavy brainwashing...

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-04-2014, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2014 08:37 PM by onedream.)

Supposedly the kid came back with "knowledge" his parents had never told him about a miscarriage his mother had years earlier. "Knowledge as well of a Grandpa he didn't know and never met.

If you watch the interviews of this kid and his father, he seems EXTREMELY COACHED. The phrases he uses are phrases an adult would use to describe things and he sounds like he's reciting a script he was given. I call bullshit and think the parents cooked it up.
[+] 2 users Like onedream's post
03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
Oh Lordy, here we go again, take two: The even more sensationalized movie version. Facepalm