Heaven is hotter than hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2016, 03:38 AM
Heaven is hotter than hell
The temperature of Heaven can be rather accurately computed. Our authority is in the Bible: Isaiah 30:26 reads, “Moreover, the light of the Moon shall be as the light of the Sun and the light of the Sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days.” Thus Heaven receives from the Moon as much radiation as we do from the Sun, and in addition seven times seven (forty-nine) times as much as the Earth does from the Sun, or fifty times in all. The light we receive from the Moon is a ten-thousandth of the light we receive from the Sun, so we can ignore that. With these data we can compute the temperature of Heaven. The radiation falling on Heaven will heat it to the point where the heat lost by radiation is just equal to the heat received by radiation. In other words, Heaven loses fifty times as much heat as the Earth by radiation. Using the Stefan-Boltzmann fourth-power law for radiation,

(H/E)4 = 50,

where E is the absolute temperature of the Earth, viz. 300 K. This gives H as 798 K (525Degrees C).

The exact temperature of Hell cannot be computed, but it must be less than 444.6Degrees C, the temperature at which brimstone or sulfur changes from a liquid to a gas. Revelations 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving… shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.” A lake of molten brimstone means that its temperature must be below the boiling point, which is 444.6Degrees C. (Above this temperature it would be a vapor, not a lake.)

We have, then, temperature of Heaven, 525Degrees C. Temperature of Hell, less than 445Degrees C.

Therefore, Heaven is hotter than Hell.

This appeared in Applied Optics, vol. 11, A14, 1972.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Silly Deity's post
26-09-2016, 03:45 AM
RE: Heaven is hotter than hell
I have said it once i'll say it again heaven is every bit as horrible as hell this just adds one more reason why

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes OrdoSkeptica's post
26-09-2016, 04:02 AM
[Image: z2QHp5g.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-09-2016, 04:37 PM
That is mathematically Awesome !!

Unfortunately I'm too cool for either place.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
26-09-2016, 04:48 PM
That's really funny, I can imagine an apologist making the case that Heaven's heat is pleasant while Hell's heat is torturous and burns even though you don't have skin and actually you're made out of spirit essence...or skin that can't burn but can feel the pain of burning forever and ever. I can imagine the new body you get in Heaven can't feel pain...maybe it can only feel pleasure but not the pleasure of sex since that is a sin since you can only have sex to have babies and babies aren't born in Heaven.

Hopefully they give you some snazzy sunglasses so you can actually see stuff up there, I'd imagine the bright light would make it hard to make out any shapes or walk around without bumping into all the serial killers who found Jesus on Death Row.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
26-09-2016, 04:52 PM
(26-09-2016 04:48 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  That's really funny, I can imagine an apologist making the case that Heaven's heat is pleasant while Hell's heat is torturous and burns even though you don't have skin and actually you're made out of spirit essence...or skin that can't burn but can feel the pain of burning forever and ever. I can imagine the new body you get in Heaven can't feel pain...maybe it can only feel pleasure but not the pleasure of sex since that is a sin since you can only have sex to have babies and babies aren't born in Heaven.

Hopefully they give you some snazzy sunglasses so you can actually see stuff up there, I'd imagine the bright light would make it hard to make out any shapes or walk around without bumping into all the serial killers who found Jesus on Death Row.

What was Jesus doing on Death Row?
26-09-2016, 05:29 PM
(26-09-2016 04:52 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 04:48 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  That's really funny, I can imagine an apologist making the case that Heaven's heat is pleasant while Hell's heat is torturous and burns even though you don't have skin and actually you're made out of spirit essence...or skin that can't burn but can feel the pain of burning forever and ever. I can imagine the new body you get in Heaven can't feel pain...maybe it can only feel pleasure but not the pleasure of sex since that is a sin since you can only have sex to have babies and babies aren't born in Heaven.

What was Jesus doing on Death Row?

Well you know bringing salvation to the worst humans ever via Bible studies and what not. He can't be bothered to help kids dying of cancer, he's has to show criminals the light...or something, I can't keep up with all this nonsense sometimes, it's fucking tiring.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
26-09-2016, 06:44 PM

My thoughts would be

No sex fuck that noise Angry

[Image: giphy.gif]
27-09-2016, 09:03 AM
Is hell endothermic or exothermic?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-09-2016, 10:27 AM
Interpreting the passage as 49 times is incorrect - it doesn't say that.

It's 7 times as much. The "as seven days" is a clarification, not another multiplier.

The total should be 8 times, not 50.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user