Heaven is hotter than hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: Heaven is hotter than hell
When I die, Heaven won't allow me in, and Hell is afraid I'll corrupt the place.... So I guess they'll be sending me to Cleveland......

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-09-2016, 07:07 AM
(27-09-2016 10:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When I die, Heaven won't allow me in, and Hell is afraid I'll corrupt the place.... So I guess they'll be sending me to Cleveland......

Sad

Well, at least there will be regular fish frys.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-05-2017, 06:59 AM
I had to laugh. A rather obnoxious creationist (is there any other?) posted an image on a social media site I use:

[Image: 33840593031_7f062b50da_z.jpg]Isaiah 52:5 by Truth in science

So I posted that Isaiah also indicates that heaven is more hellishly hot than hell with the image kindly posted by Evolutionkills as a helpful illustration. I also asked the creationist:

What does this tell us?

a) Isaiah was making things up and can't be trusted
b) Heaven ain't worth going to
c) Hell is the preferable destination for the discerning jew or christian

The response I got was as expected:

More quack science from you, I see.

Light is not necessarily heat.
I have LED bulbs in my house which are just as bright as incandescent bulbs, but are perfectly cool to to touch. They produce very little heat.

If you read the book of Genesis, it says light was created before the Sun.
It is necessary for the existence of material life on Earth for the Sun to have a dual purpose, to give out heat as well as light.
Not so in Heaven.

Oh dear..................talk about dim.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 1 user Likes Silly Deity's post
03-05-2017, 07:33 AM
(03-05-2017 06:59 AM)Silly Deity Wrote:  I had to laugh. A rather obnoxious creationist (is there any other?) posted an image on a social media site I use:

[Image: 33840593031_7f062b50da_z.jpg]Isaiah 52:5 by Truth in science

So I posted that Isaiah also indicates that heaven is more hellishly hot than hell with the image kindly posted by Evolutionkills as a helpful illustration. I also asked the creationist:

What does this tell us?

a) Isaiah was making things up and can't be trusted
b) Heaven ain't worth going to
c) Hell is the preferable destination for the discerning jew or christian

The response I got was as expected:

More quack science from you, I see.

Light is not necessarily heat.
I have LED bulbs in my house which are just as bright as incandescent bulbs, but are perfectly cool to to touch. They produce very little heat.

If you read the book of Genesis, it says light was created before the Sun.
It is necessary for the existence of material life on Earth for the Sun to have a dual purpose, to give out heat as well as light.
Not so in Heaven.

Oh dear..................talk about dim.

This is why it's pointless to talk to people like this, they accepted the absurd proposition of heaven needing 7x more light than provided by the sun. Why? Is god's eyesight that poor? Does he not have the power to regulate the light to normal levels? Then they immediately generated post-hoc rationalizations, completely unsupported scripturally or scientifically, just pulled out of their ass.

God-light is like LED light, it doesn't generate infrared wavelengths, just wavelengths in the visible spectrum that don't generate heat. Facepalm

You pointed out the absurdity of excess light based upon a scriptural assertion, then they accepted the absurd proposition and then rationalize a workaround to the absurdity.

This is not a rebuttal, it's a snipe hunt where the imaginary creature runs to the next bush after you "shine some light" onto it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
03-05-2017, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 08:20 AM by Alla.)
... Wrote:Heaven is hotter than hell

I know.

According to my favorite fairy tale God Himself is the source of great light and radiation. Physical bodies of all glorified resurrected beings (including physical body of God) are sources of great light and radiation.

And then there is outer darkness.(hell)

It is OPPOSITE of heaven - very cold and dark place. There are no sources of light there.

Good job, Silly Deity, you figured it right! Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
03-05-2017, 11:57 AM
(03-05-2017 08:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  
... Wrote:Heaven is hotter than hell

I know.

According to my favorite fairy tale God Himself is the source of great light and radiation. Physical bodies of all glorified resurrected beings (including physical body of God) are sources of great light and radiation.

And then there is outer darkness.(hell)

It is OPPOSITE of heaven - very cold and dark place. There are no sources of light there.

Good job, Silly Deity, you figured it right! Smile

Psalm 18:11
He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.

God doesn't seem then to reside in either heaven or hell. (Too hot for water or clouds)

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
03-05-2017, 01:06 PM
(27-09-2016 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  Interpreting the passage as 49 times is incorrect - it doesn't say that.

It's 7 times as much. The "as seven days" is a clarification, not another multiplier.

The total should be 8 times, not 50.

Look at you, all doing theology and shit. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
03-05-2017, 02:41 PM
Heaven is hotter than hell
LED lights do produce heat. Also there is no hell or heaven. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-05-2017, 04:33 PM
..... wait, what?

..... why are we assuming that a subterranean environment like Hell would be at a single atmosphere of pressure?