Heaven or Hell? You be the judge!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 03:21 AM
Heaven or Hell? You be the judge!
I found this on a random website today and it blew my mind a little bit because it's such an interesting idea:

"You reach the afterlife, but before you find out where you'll end up, you have to watch the entire life of someone and decide where they should go. What you don't know is all of your memories have been wiped and it's your own life you're watching."

[Image: zP375x.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
25-05-2016, 03:51 AM
RE: Heaven or Hell? You be the judge!
Sounds boring. Will I be able to just fast forward to the good parts?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
25-05-2016, 04:07 AM
Hmmmm. I don't know where I should go. Laugh out load
I really wouldn't want to watch my life.
Interesting idea, though.

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
25-05-2016, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 04:33 AM by Slowminded.)
(25-05-2016 03:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I found this on a random website today and it blew my mind a little bit because it's such an interesting idea:

"You reach the afterlife, but before you find out where you'll end up, you have to watch the entire life of someone and decide where they should go. What you don't know is all of your memories have been wiped and it's your own life you're watching."

Interesting idea , but I see a bit of a flaw.

If you are to judge a person`s life based on morals , your own moral compass has to remain intact even if your memories are erased.

But presumably you led your life according to your moral compass for the most part, so then when viewing the life of this "stranger" it will be likely that you agree with the actions of that person from a moral standpoint. You wouldn`t be impartial.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
25-05-2016, 04:57 AM
I agree with Slowminded, my morals are built up over time by the experiences I've had. If you take away all those experiences, I won't have any basis from which to judge any actions.

But if I ignore all of that, I would put myself into a fantastic heaven of super powers, lots of beautiful women and erotic adventures.

I really don't see the usefulness of torturing anyone after they had died. What would be the point of that ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
25-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Well, if this were true, I should rest assured that I've become decidedly less judgmental as I've gotten older.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
25-05-2016, 06:43 AM
(25-05-2016 03:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I found this on a random website today and it blew my mind a little bit because it's such an interesting idea:

I don't know that there's anything a person could do to warrant eternal torture so I'd probably send them to heaven on principle. After all God is supposed to be in heaven and he's killed and maimed billions, according to the story. He can't be bothered to stop children from being raped, he created cancer, parasites, tornadoes and barbecued chicken pizza (yuk).

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
25-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Barbeque chicken pizza is one of the lesser known, unforgivable sins and worthy of some time in hell sitting next to Hitler.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-05-2016, 07:26 AM
(25-05-2016 06:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Well, if this were true, I should rest assured that I've become decidedly less judgmental as I've gotten older.

That’s interesting you would say that Robby. I’m not sure if I’m less now that I’m older or simply more aware when I’m doing it and scold myself for it. Consider

I know I’m less willing to tolerate what I consider BS in others and quick to call a spade a spade.

I probably should not be put in the position the OP has described.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-05-2016, 07:35 AM
(25-05-2016 06:43 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  I don't know that there's anything a person could do to warrant eternal torture so I'd probably send them to heaven on principle. After all God is supposed to be in heaven and he's killed and maimed billions, according to the story. He can't be bothered to stop children from being raped, he created cancer, parasites, tornadoes and barbecued chicken pizza (yuk).

Great idea for a thread: “Things and people that truly deserve eternal torture”.

Producers of the TV show The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Creator of Jello with shrimp frosting recipe http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21...24713.html

to name two.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post