Heaven or Hell? You be the judge!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2016, 12:12 PM
RE: Heaven or Hell? You be the judge!
I don't think it's possible to truly judge anything if you don't remember your own life, you would have no basis to form an opinion from and in the end it's just opinion, there is no such thing as an absolute objective moral standard anyway so you just gotta go with your gut.

If I had to judge my own life I would probably think this person played it too safe and should've been more ambitious which is a shame. They never really did anything that great or that bad where it effected huge groups of people so maybe purgatory or a lesser Hell or lesser Heaven, just whatever average afterlife is fit for an atheist who never truly maliciously hurt anyone, except maybe themselves.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Obviously I have lived my life the way I think is right and hence I go to heaven, if that's what I want.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
25-05-2016, 12:28 PM
(25-05-2016 07:35 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Great idea for a thread: “Things and people that truly deserve eternal torture”.

Producers of the TV show The Real Housewives of New Jersey
Creator of Jello with shrimp frosting recipe http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/21...24713.html

to name two.

Ryan Seacrest should go to Hell for producing the Kardashians show and plunging us into a known universe where every move they make is somehow "news" and should matter to the general populace.

The first person who ever told Kanye West he had a lot of talent.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
25-05-2016, 12:51 PM
(25-05-2016 09:56 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 09:51 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  How about just recognizing reality? Mercy is the suspension of justice. If justice means to judge and act accordingly, why would one deny what is right and do the opposite?
if I understood you correctly you would rob Mercy.
why?

Because mercy is the opposite of justice. It is injustice.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
25-05-2016, 12:55 PM
(25-05-2016 10:10 AM)Alla Wrote:  Is "to have Mercy on someone by robbing Justice" a right thing to do or a wrong thing to do?
Is "to bring Justice to someone by robbing Mercy" a right thing to do or a wrong thing to do?
and why?
Is Justice good?
Is Mercy good?

Justice is the recognition of what's right so yes, justice is good. The opposite of this is mercy. You've judged a certain thing to be right but you ignore that judgement. This is dishonest.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
25-05-2016, 01:29 PM
(25-05-2016 03:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I found this on a random website today and it blew my mind a little bit because it's such an interesting idea:

"You reach the afterlife, but before you find out where you'll end up, you have to watch the entire life of someone and decide where they should go. What you don't know is all of your memories have been wiped and it's your own life you're watching."

[Image: zP375x.gif]

Is there a fast forward feature?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-05-2016, 02:16 PM
(25-05-2016 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is there a fast forward feature?

Or a slow motion feature? Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-05-2016, 03:58 PM
(25-05-2016 09:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  
DLJ Wrote:If this is true, then give me hell, baby, every time!
I choose both: Justice and Mercy.

This is self contradictory.

25-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Do you only get to "view" life? I'd rather experience it - you know - recall the taste I had the first time I tasted a really good wine ... or ice cream... actually experience orgasm with a significant other from once upon a time... feel being bitten by a horse and tearing a gash in my hand escaping through a barbed wire fence. The good, the bad, the whole shebang.

To experience the reality of being human one last time rather than just view it, would seem much more relevant to the entire experience of living. Or is that too, "Last Temptation"-y? Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-05-2016, 04:40 PM
(25-05-2016 07:44 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(25-05-2016 07:22 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Barbeque chicken pizza is one of the lesser known, unforgivable sins and worthy of some time in hell sitting next to Hitler.

I was in Central City, Colorado years ago when they opened up for gambling. It was late and all there was to eat was barbecued chicken pizza. I mean it even had barbecue sauce instead of tomato sauce. Well it was probably the grossest thing I've ever tasted.

Here in the Dominican Republic the favoritist thing to put on pizza is corn, one gets the urge to call in the chickens and have them pick the corn off the pizza