Hell Hounds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 11:41 PM
Hell Hounds
I like making fan characters, mainly for the DC comic universe (or DCU) and one of my characters will interact with a hellhound, I'm curious, what does Christianity (down south by de voodoo preferably) say about these hell hounds? I searched some websites but they didn't have satisfactory answers for me, so I was wondering if anyone here had some information, or fun facts or something about it.

I myself wasn't raised with this part of the belief (although I was taught to believe that there were demons and such, but never had a hell hound been mentioned) so I'm looking for some articles, and just anyone's life being raised with this.(?)

Thanks in advance = D

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 01:23 AM
RE: Hell Hounds
Hell hounds are vicious, relentless, ruthless beasts. Once they have the scent of your soul, they will never stop chasing you until you are dead and your soul has bee retrieved for whatever demonic master they serve. They are extremely intelligent...like dolphins on crack intelligent. They are also extremely loyal and will never disobey orders given by their master.

That what you're looking for?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
12-01-2013, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 01:31 AM by EvolutionKills.)
The only mythical 'hellhound' I can think of is Cerberus (Kerberos), the three-headed hound guarding the gates of Hades in Greek mythology.

There is however a similar hound in Norse mythology named Garmr. He is associated with Ragnarok (the Norse apocalypse), and is the watchdog of the gates to the domain of Hel.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-01-2013, 03:48 PM
(12-01-2013 01:23 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Hell hounds are vicious, relentless, ruthless beasts. Once they have the scent of your soul, they will never stop chasing you until you are dead and your soul has bee retrieved for whatever demonic master they serve. They are extremely intelligent...like dolphins on crack intelligent. They are also extremely loyal and will never disobey orders given by their master.

That what you're looking for?
Yeah thanks! = D

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
(12-01-2013 01:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The only mythical 'hellhound' I can think of is Cerberus (Kerberos), the three-headed hound guarding the gates of Hades in Greek mythology.

There is however a similar hound in Norse mythology named Garmr. He is associated with Ragnarok (the Norse apocalypse), and is the watchdog of the gates to the domain of Hel.
That's interesting! Thanks!

12-01-2013, 07:02 PM
(11-01-2013 11:41 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I like making fan characters, mainly for the DC comic universe (or DCU) and one of my characters will interact with a hellhound, I'm curious, what does Christianity (down south by de voodoo preferably) say about these hell hounds? I searched some websites but they didn't have satisfactory answers for me, so I was wondering if anyone here had some information, or fun facts or something about it.

I myself wasn't raised with this part of the belief (although I was taught to believe that there were demons and such, but never had a hell hound been mentioned) so I'm looking for some articles, and just anyone's life being raised with this.(?)

Thanks in advance = D
I know this isn't the response you wanted, but it's going to drive me nuts so I have to speak up.

It should either be DC Universe (DCU) or DC Comic Universe (DCCU).

Don't know shit about comics, or what the C in DC stands for, but that bothered me as much as people saying "ATM Machine" and "ASAP as possible"...I really get worked up over stupid stuff. Sorry.

12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
I was under the impression that DC stood for Detective Comics.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-01-2013, 09:12 PM
(12-01-2013 07:02 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:41 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I like making fan characters, mainly for the DC comic universe (or DCU) and one of my characters will interact with a hellhound, I'm curious, what does Christianity (down south by de voodoo preferably) say about these hell hounds? I searched some websites but they didn't have satisfactory answers for me, so I was wondering if anyone here had some information, or fun facts or something about it.

Thanks in advance = D
I know this isn't the response you wanted, but it's going to drive me nuts so I have to speak up.

Don't know shit about comics, or what the C in DC stands for, but that bothered me as much as people saying "ATM Machine" and "ASAP as possible"...I really get worked up over stupid stuff. Sorry.
I wrote it like that because not everyone knows what DCU/DCCU stands for. XD

13-01-2013, 12:32 PM
(12-01-2013 07:02 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  

Thanks in advance = D

As some people might not know that the DC Universe concerns the topic of comics, I can understand using the term DC Comics Universe which also goes by the initials DCU (Detective Comics Universe).
So in this case the initials of DCU aren't directly refering to DC Comics Universe but instead to Detective Comics Universe.

The DC in DC Comics are simply letters the company uses as it's name.
It comes from their first comic book named "Detective Comics" which had a big DC as it's emblem in the corner.
Fans refered to them as DC Comics and the company adopted that title as their official name.
If their first issue had been "Heroes United" instead of "Detective Comics" then they very well could have been HU Comics.

Confusing I know

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
DC stands for direct current, in Physics/Electronics.
Along with AC, as in "AC-DC", it means "bisexual".
Did you know the oldest dildo known to archaeologists is 38,000 years old ? I learned that today.

That is all. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post