Hell In The Old Testament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: Hell In The Old Testament
Quote:Well here's the problem. You want God to create things perfect which he did.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-05-2013, 02:01 PM
double f-ing post

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-05-2013, 02:03 PM
(17-05-2013 01:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 01:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  Whoa take it easy. I'm not lying. Let us remember that the topic of Hell is a moral topic. It is about right and wrong regarding how we treat our fellow man. If you do not believe (have faith) that their exists a right or a wrong moral direction than you cannot posiibly learn right from wrong.

Hey child, just for the sake of sanity here. The OP is talking written scripture, not your own inspired take on what scripture is, just the scripture. If a certain passage is asked about, you can give your take on it, but as a whole we're just talking about where in the OT is hell obviously and blatantly talked about.

Your conjecture is unneeded unless dealing with what is actually written.
Thanks evenheathen. I did provide Old Testament scripture. It was contested to be not talking about hell. But indeed it is and I pointed this out by showing the same things about it being said in the New Testament. Then it was contested again because it didn't show torture. I then pointed out how such torture can be a misinterpretation of scripture in the first place. Now I am here explaining why. Therefore I am all for sanity.
17-05-2013, 02:06 PM
(17-05-2013 01:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 01:18 PM)childeye Wrote:  Whoa take it easy. I'm not lying. Let us remember that the topic of Hell is a moral topic. It is about right and wrong regarding how we treat our fellow man. If you do not believe (have faith) that their exists a right or a wrong moral direction than you cannot posiibly learn right from wrong.

Hey child, just for the sake of sanity here. The OP is talking written scripture, not your own inspired take on what scripture is, just the scripture. If a certain passage is asked about, you can give your take on it, but as a whole we're just talking about where in the OT is hell obviously and blatantly talked about.

He just wants to alter the op so he can continue his own (skewed and circular) thought process.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-05-2013, 02:07 PM
(17-05-2013 02:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:Well here's the problem. You want God to create things perfect which he did.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
This post proves my point. Vanity.
17-05-2013, 02:10 PM
(17-05-2013 02:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 01:30 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hey child, just for the sake of sanity here. The OP is talking written scripture, not your own inspired take on what scripture is, just the scripture. If a certain passage is asked about, you can give your take on it, but as a whole we're just talking about where in the OT is hell obviously and blatantly talked about.

He just wants to alter the op so he can continue his own (skewed and circular) thought process.
When seeking answers so as to escape moral ignorance, why would we be surprised to always end up at the same Moral Truth? Love is real and Love is Good, it is that simple.
17-05-2013, 02:10 PM
(17-05-2013 02:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 02:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
This post proves my point. Vanity.

Where the fuck did that goalpost just go? It was here a second ago....

~ Umberto Eco
17-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Fuck, we've derailed and fallen into old ruts. I'll stop now unless relevant to the OP. Carry on.

~ Umberto Eco
17-05-2013, 02:13 PM
(17-05-2013 02:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 02:07 PM)childeye Wrote:  This post proves my point. Vanity.

Where the fuck did that goalpost just go? It was here a second ago....
The goal post has always been the same, Love is real, Love is good. The only thing moving is the futile argument to try and defeat it.
17-05-2013, 04:58 PM
(17-05-2013 02:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(17-05-2013 02:10 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Where the fuck did that goalpost just go? It was here a second ago....
The goal post has always been the same, Love is real, Love is good. The only thing moving is the futile argument to try and defeat it.

And none of that crap has anything to do with the OP.

Shoo fly!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post