Hell In The Old Testament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: Hell In The Old Testament
Well child eye, if you, as you say above, "know" these things about the fire (most of which made no sense to me), then it is settled for you. It's your opinion, but this board is, well, an atheist board, so the prevailing thought here will, with a few exceptions, differ.

Godless in the Magnolia State
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2013 07:01 PM by childeye.)
15-05-2013, 06:55 PM
(15-05-2013 06:27 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 06:22 PM)childeye Wrote:  The scripture describes torment not torture. This is spiritual language. I'm sure you have to think spiritually to understand it. To me it is imagery meaning all that is prideful and lifts itself up against God which is Love, will be brought down, and God keeps this knowledge available forever as spiritual renewal in the eternal kingdom. For all we know, this lake of fire may be a time loop where all the events that happened in time are relived over and over again in some manner. It says once a month they will go out and look upon it for the sake of remembering what to loathe. There are many referances to this in the Old Testament but this is the best one.

But they're just dead bodies, not experiencing anything. Just Dead.Unconscious.Unfeeling.Corpses.
It is spiritual language. I believe it is a snapshot in time that is meant to be taken as a culmination of the purpose of a flesh existence that is being displayed here.
15-05-2013, 07:00 PM
(15-05-2013 06:37 PM)cjs Wrote:  Well child eye, if you, as you say above, "know" these things about the fire (most of which made no sense to me), then it is settled for you. It's your opinion, but this board is, well, an atheist board, so the prevailing thought here will, with a few exceptions, differ.
Your words graciously dance around anything that could be taken offensively. Thank you. Of course you are correct. Your opinion or mine does not really matter. But scripture reiterates this many many times which is why I say I know.
15-05-2013, 07:18 PM
(15-05-2013 06:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 06:27 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  But they're just dead bodies, not experiencing anything. Just Dead.Unconscious.Unfeeling.Corpses.
It is spiritual language. I believe it is a snapshot in time that is meant to be taken as a culmination of the purpose of a flesh existence that is being displayed here.

But you admit there is no indication of an eternal torment in hell?
15-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Warning arguing with childeye is like arguing with a robot.

Not matter what you say he'll keep repeating that which is programmed to say. He never stops, and his tactic is to repeat his circular logic to the point his opponent leaves the argument due of exhaustion.

P.s. God is love, solves everything. You'll see.

[Image: UDdWU7q.png]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
15-05-2013, 07:42 PM
(15-05-2013 07:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-05-2013 06:37 PM)cjs Wrote:  Well child eye, if you, as you say above, "know" these things about the fire (most of which made no sense to me), then it is settled for you. It's your opinion, but this board is, well, an atheist board, so the prevailing thought here will, with a few exceptions, differ.
Your words graciously dance around anything that could be taken offensively. Thank you. Of course you are correct. Your opinion or mine does not really matter. But scripture reiterates this many many times which is why I say I know.

I'm not dancing around anything. I'm just unsure why, if you know these things, you feel the need to keep hammering these things to an atheist board. Are you trying to convert us? Good luck, not gonna happen. Also, most of us do not take scripture as authority, so your special pleading fails. Again.
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
15-05-2013, 07:47 PM
15-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Ooooookay...

Godless in the Magnolia State
15-05-2013, 07:56 PM
(15-05-2013 06:27 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm not familiar with Augustine but I do know that the fire spoken of is not like the fire we know. God's fire is a purifying fire.

Then why call it "fire" ? Call it something else. Dodgy
The English language actually means what it says to some people.
If you're talking in riddles, and mumbo-jumbo, then say so.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post