Hell In The Old Testament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: Hell In The Old Testament
(22-05-2013 02:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Exactlty. You don't know what "Presentism" even IS in this context. He chose JUDAH .... a FAMILY, a CLAN, a TRIBE, NOT AN INDIVIDUAL ... it's NOT about "personal" salvation.

I hear you. David is stating Solomon's titular right as an individual within the chosen tribe of Judah. Maybe this will help. God chose Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, etc. Nor was I stating that 1 Chronicles 28 was about personal salvation. It was about personal condemnation... "forever".

Quote:Unacceptable. Prove it, with SCHOLARLY REFERENCES.

Perhaps you can define scholarly references. I have my scholars and you have yours, but it seems I'm disallowed from quoting scripture without quoting commentary from scholarly sources. Yet Paul was a Rabbinical scholar, Daniel and his friends served in a royal court, the Bible quotes scribes, lawyers and rabbis, etc.

Is there another book you think we should treat in the same manner, where it is utterly unacceptable to merely quote the author(s) and say, "This is what I think they mean" or "It is plain what they mean" without citing references to commentaries? The road we're going down means believing everybody and everything has a ghost writer of some kind, right? I don't get it.

Never mind. You've made my case for me.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-05-2013, 08:09 PM
RE: Hell In The Old Testament
OK, lemme give you some background...

This girl, mother of my spawn, gets in touch with me on Facebook. They wanna see me, I wanna get the fuck outta Dodge... so here I am. Living with a twenty years back ex and her ol' man, for like a year... I left this girl 'cause she's a pack rat, and lemme tell ya, the years, haven't been kind.

So, NERO. For those of you who do not know, NERO stands for New England Role-Playing Org, or some such; LARP if ya do know. And she wants me to go with her, this morning, to clean Monster Camp.

A half-hour in the van, to the site where we pack the van, move the stuff into this disgusting cubby-hole under the meeting hall, rinse and repeat. It's hours. All we seem to do around here, is make allowances for Anne, and why the fuck am I here? In Franklin MA? Sweating balls?

This, my friends; this is hell. Experiencing torment, with no known end; and do you see the paradox?

Experiencing hell. I'm sure Brother Buckminster mentioned it, but there is no "experience," without "duration." And those idiots, talking smack about "spontaneous regeneration of nerves for more torment! Yay!" are idiots.

The limit of my experience today, is to come home and obsess over my Gwynnies. Supposedly, hell contains no such anticipation; and is thus... invalidated. A bunch of ancient Jews were smart enough to know this. Piss off YHWH, ya die. Horribly. But then, it's all over. This newfangled bullshit, that's modern willful ignorance in overdrive. Ya gotta be really stupid not to stop and think.

And scriptural thought clearly illustrates merely that hell is "without god." Now, fuck the second term, and substitute, "without teh nets, teh XBox, teh Gwynnies;" all of which are hells of sequence and simulation.

Meaning, you have to experience, to experience hell. And you ain't gonna do it. Case closed. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post