Hell is for children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2017, 11:51 AM
Hell is for children
I'm not sure why this has affected me so much today; it's nothing new. But I was reading an unrelated article and noticed this other article that was linked on the page. That somehow lead me to this (older) article. Suddenly I was feeling this tremendous sadness at the thought of just how many children's lives are being ruined by pedophiles in countless institutions worldwide regularly. It's not just the Catholic church and not just religious organizations, but anywhere pedophiles can find a foothold. There's no doubt that some kids are being abused somewhere right now as I write this and as you read it. It's not bad enough that some kids suffer cancer, muscular dystrophy, or other horrible diseases or conditions; or that other kids are born in war zones or poverty-stricken areas or are being trained as human bombs. But then even many kids who are fortunate enough to be healthy and born into well-to-do families and geographical areas needlessly have their lives trashed by these monsters! These kids should have normal childhoods full of love, fun, learning, and growing. They shouldn't have to suffer the horrific abuse from these predators, or the terror imposed upon them from being dominated and then threatened if they tell anyone, or the life-long nightmare memories and altered personalities that result. They are the unfortunate fortunate and it totally sickens me! Angry

Related to this, I was thinking about the Catholic church's part in this problem. If I were still Catholic, my kids would never be alone with any church personnel. So I find myself wondering how it is that so many Catholic parents (or parents of other religious organizations) don't come to the same conclusion. I understand that not every member of the clergy is guilty, but there is no way to know who is who so why would any parent take a chance? I'm guessing a large factor is their faith. God will surely take care of THEIR children. Well aren't they just special now! Facepalm Really? Where is God when all those other children are being abused? In fact, where is God when all those children are suffering from disease, starvation, war, other physical abuse, psychological abuse, or are being used to suit some heinous adults' monstrous purposes? How does one love a child with all one's heart and then leave the child's well-being up to nothing more than faith... Dodgy

Hell is real. It's right here on Earth. And its occupants are children who are suffering the consequences of adults who are selfish or can't get along or are stupid or blinded by indoctrination or are just plain evil. It saddens me to the core. Sad

Sorry, I'm not sure of the purpose of this post. Just venting I guess. I wish there were answers.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
06-02-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Hell is for children
They cry in the dark, so you can't see their tears
They hide in the light, so you can't see their fears
Forgive and forget, all the while
Love and pain become one and the same
In the eyes of a wounded child
Because Hell
Hell Is For Children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell, Hell Is For Children
And you shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

It's all so confusing, this brutal abusing
They blacken your eyes, and then apologize
Be daddy's good girl, and don't tell mommy a thing
Be a good little boy, and you'll get a new toy
Tell grandma you fell off the swing

Because Hell
Hell Is For Children
And you know that their little lives can become such a mess
Hell, Hell Is For Children
And you shouldn't have to pay for your love with your bones and your flesh

-Pat Benatar

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
06-02-2017, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 06:53 PM by Anjele.)
The song that creates a lump in my throat every time I hear it...but sometimes I need to listen to it over and over again. I never find the answer... Sadcryface

'What's The Matter Here?'

That young boy without a name I'd know his face
In this city the kid's my favorite
I've seen him I see him every day
Seen him run outside looking for a place to hide from his father
The kid half naked and said to myself "Oh, what's the matter here?"
I'm tired of the excuses everybody uses, he's their kid I stay out of it
But who gave you the right to do this?

We live on Morgan Street
Just ten feet between and his mother, I never see her
But her screams and cussing, I hear them every day
Threats like: "If you don't mind I will beat on your behind"
"Slap you, slap you silly"
Made me say, "Oh, what's the matter here?"
I'm tired of the excuses everybody uses, he's your kid, do as you see fit
But get this through that I don't approve of what you did to you own flesh and blood

"If you don't sit on this chair straight
I'll take this belt from around my waist and don't think that I won't use it!"

Answer me and take your time
What could be the awful crime he could do at such young an age?
If I'm the only witness to your madness offer me some words to balance out what I see and what I hear
All these cold and rude things that you do I suppose you do because he belongs to you
And instead of love, the feel of warmth you've given him these cuts and sores won't heal with time or age

Songwriters
ROBERT BUCK, NATALIE MERCHANT

10,000 Maniacs - What's The Matter Here? Lyrics

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-02-2017, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 06:55 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
The issue is that it's not just Catholics who are the problem. It's anywhere you have a cult (like Christianity) based on the notion of "adults = sinful, bad, awful" and childhood is seen as synonymous with innocence and purity, combined with a hierarchy of power. There's quite a bit of evidence to suggest it's equally rampant in Protestant churches, but due to the lack of organization among Protestant denominations, it's harder to pin the blame on the One Giant Organization™ that the Holy See represents. Short of pulling out of Christianity altogether, it's difficult for them to protect their children from such a danger, and difficult to even realize that their own beliefs about purity-and-sinfulness are what are endangering the kids. As such, the danger to them is something that's at some other (bad) church, or found only in a few "bad apples", rather than systematic.

There's certainly a case to be made that the Catholic church has been criminally slow, morally/ethically culpable, and disastrously ineffective in recognizing and dealing with the problem... and certainly criminal in the instances where higher-ups protected pedophile priests by simply moving them around rather than submitting them for prosecution by the local authorities where their victims lived. I'd love to see every bastard who protected a child rapist behind bars, no matter what silly hat he wears.

Edit to Add:

Fuck the motherfucker
And fuck you, motherfucker
If you think that motherfucker is sacred
If you cover for another motherfucker
Who's a kiddie fucker
Fuck you, you're no better
Than the motherfucking rapist

And if you don't like the swearing
That this motherfucker forced from me
And reckon it shows moral
Or intellectual paucity
Then fuck you, motherfucker
This is language one employs
When one is fucking cross
About fuckers fucking boys

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
07-02-2017, 02:37 AM
So Australian! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-02-2017, 04:46 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2017 04:58 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(07-02-2017 02:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  So Australian! Smile

I love Tim Minchin. Total hero.

I have come to love the Australian dedication to unfettered free speech, and their unwillingness to do anything other than say what is on their minds regardless of those who try to use offense as a defense mechanism from facing whatever issue the Australian feels needs to be addressed. It's one of the reasons your country was able to look at the guns issue, with a gun culture similar to America's, and say "nope!" after forcing people to really talk about it.

On the other hand, I empathize strongly with the basic American idea that they do not wish to surrender their ability to resist with good firepower against a nation they feel is tyrannical [Edit: at least, in potentiam, it is or could be]. Many of them do not trust our government to handle the gun-safety issue after the good guys give up their guns, or even that their government may not need someday to be amended by force, by which means we got our democracy in the first place. They stand for their right to defend themselves from danger, whatever it might be, with not only the ownership of but the competence in firearms of all types. And I do not disagree with them.

Minchin is, of course, aware that the Catholic Church instituted hardline-approach rules and immediately began to defrock priests, but also that there were those who continued to do their best to cover up and/or resist allowing real punishment for the perverts among their ranks. I had hoped Pope Francis would improve on the reforms, but I recently read an article that suggests he may be trying to have them relaxed. Sad

In conclusion, I love Australians and Aussie comedy in general.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
07-02-2017, 05:01 AM
(07-02-2017 04:46 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  On the other hand, I empathize strongly with the basic American idea that they do not wish to surrender their ability to resist with good firepower against a nation they feel is tyrannical.

Well America has already had a civil war. Chances are it'll happen again. Especially during this Caesar/Caracalla/Constantine period in US history.

Somehow I think hand guns are useless when confronted with F22's, A10's and drones etc.

Anyway, maybe someone will hear Trump and tell him

[Image: giphy.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
07-02-2017, 05:16 AM
I agree and, at the same time, hope you are wrong, my brother. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
07-02-2017, 05:23 AM
(07-02-2017 05:16 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I agree and, at the same time, hope you are wrong, my brother. Sad

You hope nobody can hear him??? Big Grin

Banjo.
07-02-2017, 08:35 AM
(06-02-2017 06:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  The issue is that it's not just Catholics who are the problem. It's anywhere you have a cult (like Christianity) based on the notion of "adults = sinful, bad, awful" and childhood is seen as synonymous with innocence and purity, combined with a hierarchy of power. There's quite a bit of evidence to suggest it's equally rampant in Protestant churches, but due to the lack of organization among Protestant denominations, it's harder to pin the blame on the One Giant Organization™ that the Holy See represents. Short of pulling out of Christianity altogether, it's difficult for them to protect their children from such a danger, and difficult to even realize that their own beliefs about purity-and-sinfulness are what are endangering the kids. As such, the danger to them is something that's at some other (bad) church, or found only in a few "bad apples", rather than systematic.
Yes, it's definitely not just a Catholic thing. In fact, it's not even a religious organization thing. It happens just about any place where individual adults take care of groups of children. I think what got me in particular yesterday is it sunk in more clearly than ever just how widespread it is. I think we have become somewhat conditioned to violence and crime. We hear it in the news, recognize on an intellectual level that it's bad, might even feel a little emotional (angry, sad, whatever), but at some level still file it under "more shit going on in the world" and then we move on. Yesterday, I skipped over that "more shit" and it really sunk in just how many lives are needlessly being ruined by these pedophiles.

(06-02-2017 06:50 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  There's certainly a case to be made that the Catholic church has been criminally slow, morally/ethically culpable, and disastrously ineffective in recognizing and dealing with the problem... and certainly criminal in the instances where higher-ups protected pedophile priests by simply moving them around rather than submitting them for prosecution by the local authorities where their victims lived. I'd love to see every bastard who protected a child rapist behind bars, no matter what silly hat he wears.
I agree. There is no excuse for protecting child abusers no matter what organization is doing the protecting. Anyone involved belongs in jail. Also, what ticks me off most about the Catholic church at this point is the parents. It has been years since the abuse first became known about the church. So why is it still happening? It's because parents continue to allow their children to be left in a position where it's still possible. Still blindly trusting that it will never happen to their child.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.