Hell........

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-01-2011, 01:59 AM
RE: I believe you're worth more than thinking yourself worthy of Hell
(18-01-2011 10:24 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  [color=#9400D3]I don't believe in the slogan, The truth shall set you free.
For if it were true, religion could not exist.

Maybe the truth does set you free, which is the reason people become atheists. Big Grin

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 03:47 AM

RE: Hell........
I think im in love with you GassyKitten :O
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Check her age first Tongue
19-01-2011, 02:59 PM

welll theophilus sent another PM. I see they completely ignored the part about where i told him the bible says you will get anything you ask for in prayer if you believe it, and how it is a lie,

theophilus Wrote:
Speiraz Wrote:I want you and all of the religious people you know to gather around and pray. "Dear God, we ask that all cancer suddenly be cured, we know you will do this as you are all loving and all powerful and it is said in the bible that you will give us anything we ask for and I'm sure you would love to stop your own children from dying of cancer, Amen" If what the bible says is true then all cancer will be cured
A time is coming when cancer and all other diseases will be totally eliminated but it will happen according to God's plan and timing, not ours. And God does sometimes allow his children to die of cancer and to endure all of the other sufferings in this world because this world is only temporary and whatever happens here will come to an end.

In my earlier message I mentioned a forum called christiandoctrinediscussion. One of the members of that forum recently died of cancer. He left a series of blog entries in which he described his experiences with it. Here is the first entry in the series:

http://www.christiandoctrinediscussion.c...ng-me.html

It might help you to understand how a Christian deals with the situation you are going through.

Everyone, including Christians, dies. What is really important is what happens after death.

My Reply

Speiraz Wrote:Do you have any evidence to suggest that cancer is going to disappear? Of course not, you're pulling that right out of your ass. Please tell me what evidence there is to show that all disease is suddenly going to disappear? I know you have none as its all a fantasy in your head.

You appal me. If we look at the bible passage Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." so from this we can see that all bad things are caused by god, God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, right? So when something bad is about to happen to somebody, he is there, he knows it is about to happen as he is the cause for it, and he has the ability to stop it from happening, right? Then why would a 3 year old die of leukemia. why would reverend forrest pollock and his son die after their plane fell from the sky. why did pastor kyle lake get electrocuted to death by a microphone infront of 800 people at church. God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient and therefore had the ability to prevent these events but chose not to. Do you ever ask yourself why God chose not to prevent these? Hundreds of millions of horrible things happen everyday yet God chooses to sit back and do nothing.... If God loved us he would allow the people who worship him and love him have dignified deaths at a time in their life when they feel ready to die... he wouldn't just allow a reverend and his son to be killed in a plane crash when they had so much to give to the religious community. How mad would you be at´╗┐ your earth father if he could have easily prevented the death of one of your siblings but chose not to because "well it was their turn to go." you would probably disown him! start questioning why our loving father enjoys mauling kids (2 Kings 2:24) and killing reverends and is responsible for all disasters like he said in the bible. there is really no excuse for it. if it were a person on earth doing this they would be hated by billions and locked up in prison or killed but because´╗┐ they have the God status people are willing to just forget about it and just assume it was for a good reason, The reason you ignore all of this is because you are absolutely terrified of this imaginary place called hell. You are terrified of suffering for all eternity so you are willing to ignore all of the suffering God causes. If it wasn't for the threat of eternal suffering and the false hope of eternal bliss nobody would support such a disgusting being who causes so much suffering

Apart from the false accusations about the afterlife... the threat of eternal suffering or eternal bliss, why do you continue to support this being?
19-01-2011, 04:40 PM

(19-01-2011 07:07 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Check her age first Tongue
What?! Hey now, don't force me to make you my scratching post! Pffft, pfft! Tongue

Besides, 9 in cat years is young and frisky enough to give you a run for your money! Muahahhheheh *hack, hack,hack* Sorry. Hairball. Undecided
19-01-2011, 07:23 PM
(19-01-2011 04:40 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
What?! Hey now, don't force me to make you my scratching post! Pffft, pfft! Tongue

Besides, 9 in cat years is young and frisky enough to give you a run for your money! Muahahhheheh *hack, hack,hack* Sorry. Hairball. Undecided

W.
T.
F.

Did this place just turn into a Furry forum?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-01-2011, 07:40 PM

(19-01-2011 07:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(19-01-2011 04:40 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  

W.
T.
F.

Did this place just turn into a Furry forum?
Someone will get back to you on that, just as soon as I finish cleaning my butt with parts on my face.

[Image: funnypicturessarcastics.jpg] [Image: laugh.gif]
20-01-2011, 04:42 AM
No offense GassyKitten , but from what I saw in the age thread most people on the forum are in the 15-18 demographic.

Also , BuddyChrist , you just reminded me about the CSI episode with Furryes. LOLing right now Smile
20-01-2011, 10:53 PM

(20-01-2011 04:42 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  No offense GassyKitten , but from what I saw in the age thread most people on the forum are in the 15-18 demographic.

Also , BuddyChrist , you just reminded me about the CSI episode with Furryes. LOLing right now Smile
No offense taken. Smile I thought the comments were funny and was just playing back. TongueI'd never heard of furryes until this forum. And I don't watch CSI, but now I hope they rerun that episode so I can see more of what you're talking about. (Besides the Google images I sought out to get a clue.)
21-01-2011, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2011 12:06 AM by gamutman.)
Speiraz asked if the universe was an open or closed system. As i understand it, the universe can be seen as both. For example, the universe is composed of galaxies. Each galaxy is a closed system and will eventually self annihilate. However, the energy in that galaxy will not be destroyed, and may become part of the birth of several new galaxies along with the spent energy of other dead galaxies. So in that sense, it's an open system.

Moreover, the universe is currently expanding and it may be impossible to overcome that expansion. Ultimately it would thus tear apart and become something new and beyond our ability to comprehend.

Or...

Gravity may eventually overtake inertia.

Or...

There may be a boundary which will join with another universe's boundary compelling a new big bang.

Or...
As for the whole hell thing. Think of it this way.

Suppose we take Hitler as an example. Suppose Hitler deserves torment for each soul he caused to suffer. Does he deserve eternal torment for each soul? If so, one sin is as bad a a million sins. Does he deserve finite punishment for each soul? If so, what is the point of eternal torment? Does Hitler deserve the same eternal punishment as Ghengis Kahn? Do I? I've never been responsible for genocide.