Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-01-2011, 12:59 AM
RE: Hell........
GassyKitten
This is the episode in question :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fur_and_Loathing

gamutman
As far as I know the universe is an open system , and I will reference to a lecture by Lawrence Krauss : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo
In the first part (20 min) he explains why our universe is an open system(if I am not mistaken)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2011, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2011 03:14 PM by Observer.)
Speiraz, I think your a brave man! Even in the face of death and in the middle of your doubts, you find the courage to talk about it, question your existence and even ask critical questions to theists too cowardly to speak to you in public. (Witch for me proves that, should they have a real point, they should say it out loud)
I greet you with the uttermost respect! I hope that, as time goes by and it is my turn to show such courage, I can reflect on you.
I Hope you don't have to suffer and I wish you peace. Peace in your life and in your mind.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
22-01-2011, 03:49 PM

thanks for all of your kind words Tongue i might not be coming back on here anymore.. too busy dying and whatnot Big Grin ... ill be waiting for you all in hell.. remember to bring some lube.. that pitchfork will be very painful going in Confused

Heart Heart
Quote this message in a reply
22-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Your attitude still amazes me.

Have a happy death, and remember to go to the communist hell and not to the capitalist hell. They're both the same, but the communist hell is always missing some equipment and you'll have to stand in line for hours to get your pain.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
22-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Pitchfork??? What a relief! I was expecting a pineapple! LOL

Treat yourself well Speiraz. My only regret about you coming here is that you didn't do it sooner!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
22-01-2011, 05:26 PM
There won't be any pitchforks in hell. But all the musicians in history will be there. Yes there was a time when the church proclaimed that ALL MUSIC was the devil's work. That means ALL musicians are there now or are going to be there. Oh, by the way, isn't the consept of hell and reincarnation in contradiction with each other? Come back as a big house cat. No job. no taxes, free food, plenty of love and all day to laze away. Big Grin

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
22-01-2011, 11:37 PM

(22-01-2011 03:49 PM)Speiraz Wrote:  thanks for all of your kind words Tongue i might not be coming back on here anymore.. too busy dying and whatnot Big Grin ... ill be waiting for you all in hell.. remember to bring some lube.. that pitchfork will be very painful going in Confused

Heart Heart
Heart I wish you peace Speiraz. (HUGS)
If we're all mistaken and we end up in Hell, let's all get together and celebrate that for once we're free of Fundy fucks from every faith on earth.

And don't forget that nifty Psalms (book of songs) 139:8 reminder, that even there we'll be in the presence of the Christian's god. While a surprise to the Fundy's upstairs, the rest of us can gloat at our official mascot who makes Hell have meaning. Angel

Did she really say that? Yes, yes she did! Because she has major stock in asbestos underwear! Tongue
23-01-2011, 03:34 AM
All the best Speiraz , have a good one , for as long as possible.
25-01-2011, 10:32 PM

(15-01-2011 08:46 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  The best description of Hell that I ever heard was: it's an infinite punishment for finite crimes - and the absolute worst of these crimes is disbelief.

Rapists, murderers, child molesters, can all be forgiven for the worst of their actions. But if you say "I don't believe in Jesus" then somehow you're eternally screwed. It's a ridiculous proposition, and a conviction of a thought crime, no less. If a benevolent God exists, he should judge your actions and not your beliefs.

Not that there's any reason to believe any of it exists.

I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope the best for you.

what is the point of having hell anyway? if god is SOOO all knowing, why doesn't he just not create us(atheists)
in the first place?
btw hope you get better.
(22-01-2011 03:49 PM)Speiraz Wrote:  thanks for all of your kind words Tongue i might not be coming back on here anymore.. too busy dying and whatnot Big Grin ... ill be waiting for you all in hell.. remember to bring some lube.. that pitchfork will be very painful going in Confused

Heart Heart

what disease is it? one of my friends had expperience in medical school. he might be able to help or offer a remedy.
26-01-2011, 01:07 AM
(25-01-2011 10:32 PM)the4saken Wrote:  what is the point of having hell anyway? if god is SOOO all knowing, why doesn't he just not create us(atheists)

Christians need someone to hate and feel superior to. They also need to know that they are better and more more deserving than someone else, and that they will win in the end. They go to heaven (WIN) and we go to hell (lose). Threatening us with eternal damnation is their way of showing us how compassionate and loving that they are, and that we are not.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.