Hell........

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-01-2011, 06:51 AM

RE: Hell........
You can't have good without the bad, so does that mean there is bad in heaven? If there is no bad, then everything would seem pretty boring if it is always good all the time. I have more arguments for why heaven makes less sense than I do for hell making sense.
Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2011, 02:33 PM

(26-01-2011 01:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(25-01-2011 10:32 PM)the4saken Wrote:  what is the point of having hell anyway? if god is SOOO all knowing, why doesn't he just not create us(atheists)

Christians need someone to hate and feel superior to. They also need to know that they are better and more more deserving than someone else, and that they will win in the end. They go to heaven (WIN) and we go to hell (lose). Threatening us with eternal damnation is their way of showing us how compassionate and loving that they are, and that we are not.

what a bunch of hypocrites!
27-01-2011, 01:37 AM
Yep.

By the way, when is this thread going to freeze over? Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2011, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2011 08:18 AM by Observer.)
(27-01-2011 01:37 AM)No J. Wrote:  By the way, when is this thread going to freeze over? Tongue
Can never happen hell is exothermic
BTW:
Saw Speiraz post a reply today. He's still among us...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-01-2011, 08:38 AM

Yup im still here Smile avoiding hell a little longer
29-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Death and the age of internet are a bit unsettling to me. My buddy killed himself but left all his passwords to online accounts (closure maybe?) So his brother announced the death through my buddy's facebook account and then kept it open. 2 years later, people are still talking to it like there's "facebook in heaven."

It just kinda creeps me out. People need to learn to let people go.

Might as well build a dummy of him, set him on the couch, and talk to him.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
29-01-2011, 12:52 PM
(29-01-2011 12:45 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Death and the age of internet are a bit unsettling to me. My buddy killed himself but left all his passwords to online accounts (closure maybe?) So his brother announced the death through my buddy's facebook account and then kept it open. 2 years later, people are still talking to it like there's "facebook in heaven."

It just kinda creeps me out. People need to learn to let people go.

Might as well build a dummy of him, set him on the couch, and talk to him.

My best friend from high school died last March and I found out from Facebook. His wife accessed his FB page to let all his "friends" no. He and I had lost touch years ago and I had been trying to get back in touch with him. If it were not for FB I would not have known about his death for who knows how long.

What is scary is his page is still up and people write tributes to him and things on his birthday, etc.. I almost de-friended him because it was starting to bother me, but I decided to just deal with it. His wife announced a few months ago she was going to "memorialize" is page. I'm not sure what that means, exactly, but I think it means you can't add any new friends to it or post on the wall anymore. It just kind of hangs there.

What was really freaky, though, was his kids were using his page to play "Farmville". So, periodically I would log on and see my old friend, who was dead, had just planted some crops. Weird.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
29-01-2011, 01:00 PM

I wonder if anybody would still want to bother with me after 2 years. I wouldn't mind if they did but at the same time I'd rather they just get on with life.. What creeps me out is people that have open casket funerals Confused People will walk up to the dead body and look and talk to it Confused ...
29-01-2011, 01:51 PM
(29-01-2011 01:00 PM)Speiraz Wrote:  What creeps me out is people that have open casket funerals Confused People will walk up to the dead body and look and talk to it Confused ...
I think that that makes it easier for people to acknowledge that that person is really death and it makes it easier to have closure. I held my grandmothers hand while she died in 2008. It was an almost perfect and serene goodbye.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-01-2011, 04:55 PM
It may be respectful to view the dead as human beings who have fallen and acknowledge this with an open casket rather than just berry a box with a closed lid - that's comfortable yet shallow.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin