Hellbound Food for Thought: Premarital Sex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2012, 03:07 PM

Hellbound Food for Thought: Premarital Sex
Me and my white ape brain got to thinking the other day about my Southern baptist upbringing and the current era of Uber Christian Politicians that espouse Premarital sex.

What got me to thinking was about God's example on this.

I could not help but think that during Joseph's bachelor party god snuck over to the Bride to Be's party and got more than a bit of 'stinky pinky' as a matter of fact, he got the gal preggoz.

God was not married. Joseph was simply engaged to her.

So next time i am confronted with some Fundie blathering on about Premarital sex, i am gonna use God as an example!

NOTE: I know i am gonna hear from those that are saved about how it was not a physical act. But remember, those of us living in the REAL world dealing with REALITY and REAL NATURAL THINGS know that Pregnancy happens naturally...even when its invetro fertilization its still a naturally occurring event.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
25-01-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Hellbound Food for Thought: Premarital Sex
Well the fundies my not be aware of it or deny it if they hear it.. but their beloved one true God was married himself... That makes him an adulterer just in the same vial category as Zeus... Asherrah may be not known to many but her name is right there in the bible. Yahweh must of got into a fight that lead him to tell everyone to cut down thee Asherah poles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2012, 03:22 PM
(25-01-2012 03:15 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well the fundies my not be aware of it or deny it if they hear it.. but their beloved one true God was married himself... That makes him an adulterer just in the same vial category as Zeus... Asherrah may be not known to many but her name is right there in the bible. Yahweh must of got into a fight that lead him to tell everyone to cut down thee Asherah poles.

Ay senor! This I have to see. Can you be more specific about that particular piece of information? I know who Asherah is (I am quite familiar with the bible), but I don't see the marital connection. Care to develop?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
25-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I only know that mother-goddess Asherah was the consort of El/Elohim. Which would be his wife. So yea, I guess I can see that.
I don't usually pay attention to this kind of crap. I only came to this thread for the juicy stuff. Blush

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
26-01-2012, 01:35 PM
(25-01-2012 03:22 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 03:15 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well the fundies my not be aware of it or deny it if they hear it.. but their beloved one true God was married himself... That makes him an adulterer just in the same vial category as Zeus... Asherrah may be not known to many but her name is right there in the bible. Yahweh must of got into a fight that lead him to tell everyone to cut down thee Asherah poles.

Ay senor! This I have to see. Can you be more specific about that particular piece of information? I know who Asherah is (I am quite familiar with the bible), but I don't see the marital connection. Care to develop?

I don't believe it is any current version of Bibles today but there is ancient texts like Canaanite pantheon books that depict her in various ways. As Kim mentioned she is considered a consort of EL, in other parts she is seen as the queen of heaven.

"Some scholars, including William G. Dever, have asserted that the Asherah was worshipped as a consort of Yahweh, until the 6th century BCE, when strict monolatry of Yahweh became prevalent in the wake of the destruction of the temple.[13][14]"

I think most biblical scholars don't deny it, in at least the idea of from Canaanite belief.

"And Tel Aviv scholar Yairah Amit asserts that "Scholars would respond to Dever's provocative title Did God Have a Wife?" by conceding Dever's main claim without contention, saying "Indeed he did . . . we have known for many years that he had a wife, that her name was Asherah, and that she was part of the Canaanite pantheon of pre-Israelite times."[19]"

Either way if Jehovah is an adulterer or a premarital law breaking scoundrel, of course he is the ultimate father figure example of: DO WHAT I SAY, NOT WHAT I DO! The idea that Christians accept this puts them with lesser respect for their own minds than a 12 year old.
27-01-2012, 10:47 PM
I believe the question of premarital sex is irrelevant with respect to what the bible states about any of its' made up characters supposedly did or did not do.

All I know is that Ken had premarital sex with Barbie and that’s good enough for me.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
28-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Who doesn't have premarital sex in the bible? I happen to remember after the razing of a few cities god deciding the young women should be kept (wink wink nudge nudge say no more).

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
28-01-2012, 04:46 AM
adam and eve werent married, they got it on in the jungle with the dinosaurs watching in Eden xD

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 1 user Likes Jackrabbit's post