Hellfire campus preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2014, 07:43 PM
RE: Hellfire campus preacher
(08-10-2014 12:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 11:05 AM)natachan Wrote:  Especially when he says women who wear pants are going to hell.

Because they aren't dressing modestly enough or because it impedes his ability to smell their menstrual rags?

*gag*

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 06:13 AM
(08-10-2014 07:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 06:36 PM)f stop Wrote:  You're kidding, of course.Huh

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 King James Version (KJV)

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

There are plenty of others.

Weeping I'm so misunderstood.

Chas, the correct response is to post this:

[Image: thatsthejoke.jpg]

(08-10-2014 07:43 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 12:23 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Because they aren't dressing modestly enough or because it impedes his ability to smell their menstrual rags?

*gag*

Don't blame me. Crazy preacher guy is the one who brought it up!
09-10-2014, 01:21 PM
(08-10-2014 07:12 PM)natachan Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Not entirely. One source says, "In common with most other translations of the period, the New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew and Aramaic text, while the Apocrypha were translated from the Greek and Latin."

But the sources aren't the only factor.

Huh. I was taught that most were translated from the Vulgate. I was wrong, apparently only some were.

The Vulgate was the official Catholic Bible, so the official Catholic English translation (the Douay-Rheims) was translated directly from the Vulgate. Most other English translations (most notably the KJV and its variants) were Protestant projects, and prided themselves on translating from the original languages and not the Vulgate. In the mid-20th century, the Catholic Church finally sanctioned the practice of translating from original languages, and Catholics joined the crowd. The Douay-Rheims (which is no longer used even by most Catholics) is the only English Bible I know of that was translated from the Vulgate. Until very recently, Catholics and Protestants were bitter enemies, and wouldn't have been caught dead reading each other's Bibles -- so Catholics read only the D-R, and Protestants, for the most part, read only the KJV and its variants.
09-10-2014, 01:33 PM
(08-10-2014 06:36 PM)f stop Wrote:  34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

So much for the "New Covenant". Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-10-2014, 07:31 AM
I have a hard time believing this guy isn't a real life Poe.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-10-2014, 08:29 AM
(10-10-2014 07:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have a hard time believing this guy isn't a real life Poe.

I would certainly love to believe that, but I can't imagine trying to keep a straight face doing that for more than a few minutes.
10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
(10-10-2014 07:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have a hard time believing this guy isn't a real life Poe.

You'd have to see him. He's not. He's not even the worst of them. This guy at least is semi-reasonable compared to "Saint Matthew" who came by a few weeks ago deliberately trying to anger other Christians, Muslims, and anyone who came close.
10-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I have never seen any of these campus preachers before, how do I deal with one if I should see one?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-10-2014, 12:53 PM
"Saint Matthew" was looking to get hit so he could sue the school. Another one was looking to get people to interact with him so he could preach.

My advice would be don't acknowledge them of you want them to go away. They are there for attention. But if you like the lulz egg him on. He might get so upset he'll leave on his own.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
10-10-2014, 12:56 PM
So just ignoring them is best than? What if they start spouting anti gay, anti woman stuff?

I can't just leave people alone to do that sort of stuff when I am there. Sad

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ