Hellfire campus preacher

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Hellfire campus preacher
Just call him what he is... A stupid, ignorant, deceitful, idiot.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 01:36 PM
Yeah, he's not there to listen. He's there to be offensive. If you ignore him he will give up and go away. Some are there specifically to be yelled at or assaulted so they can vindicate the "persecuted Christians" image they have.
Find all posts by this user
10-10-2014, 01:58 PM
(10-10-2014 12:56 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So just ignoring them is best than? What if they start spouting anti gay, anti woman stuff?

I can't just leave people alone to do that sort of stuff when I am there. Sad

They are not interested in anything but yelling at you that you are going to hell. Anything other that ignoring them and moving on will be waste of time. Trying to talk to them will get you singled out for the yelling.
13-10-2014, 07:18 AM
(10-10-2014 12:53 PM)natachan Wrote:  "Saint Matthew" was looking to get hit so he could sue the school.

Straight out of the Westboro playbook, then. This guy is annoying both because he's wasting people's time with religious stuff and because he's looking for a handout based on a technicality.
14-10-2014, 08:22 PM
This man came back again. A few notes from our sparring (not exact, I'm no public speaker and I stammered a bit):

Pastor: why do you have such animosity towards God?

Me: I don't. That would be silly, since I don't believe there is a God. I just have no reason to believe there is one.

P: so you doubt that Jesus existed? Josephus mentions him.

Me: there's some doubt as to the legitimacy of that. There's an argument that it could be a forgery. And whether it is or not is immaterial. The existence or non-existence of Jesus has no bearing on the God question.

P: so are you a nazi? Are you a white supremacist?

M: what? How does that follow?

P: you claim he was a liar, so you must also deny the holocaust.

M: how does saying the passage you're talking about may have been tampered with relate to me being a holocaust denier?

P: you call this Jewish scholar a liar!

M: (frustrated) are you retarded?

Later

P: you have chosen not to believe in God.

M: no, I simply found no reason to. You have given me no reason to believe your claims are valid.

P: how can you believe that we came from evolution?

M: there is proof that evolution happens.

P: like what?

M: well we have observed speciation. We have observed it so many times we have different names for different types of speciation events. We have proof that alleles vary in populations and that genetically isolated populations tend to share fewer genetic traits than close ones. We know that allele frequency changes over generations.

P: you're just making up words.

Second student: Darwin's finches in the Galapagos.

M: and the salamanders in South America.

P: you can say whatever you want, but you are speaking nonsense to sound smart.

M:sir, you are being deliberately ignorant or you are deeply stupid.

I got some cheering after these and he stopped interacting with me.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
14-10-2014, 08:45 PM
(14-10-2014 08:22 PM)natachan Wrote:  M: well we have observed speciation. We have observed it so many times we have different names for different types of speciation events. We have proof that alleles vary in populations and that genetically isolated populations tend to share fewer genetic traits than close ones. We know that allele frequency changes over generations.

P: you're just making up words.

Now that is hilarious.

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP