Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2010, 11:34 PM

Hello
I'm new here. I stumbled upon this group from Twitter--following the site and looked into it.

I'm a 30 year old female, former fundamentalist reverend. I'm not sure what I am anymore, but I'm not a Christian and I don't partake in any religion in particular. I haven't "come out" as a non-Christian to my parents or all of my friends yet, but I'm sure they know.
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2010, 11:53 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome to the site. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi, make yourself at home.
07-12-2010, 10:36 PM

Good luck!

When I came out, I expected people to be more respectful than they were. Boy was I wrong!

Matt Dillahunty from The Atheist Experience says if you plan to come out, expect to lose every single religious person in your life. He's not wrong.
08-12-2010, 03:35 AM

Hi everyone...!
I just want to introduce myself.I am wiki,24 male,from USA.I'm positively looking forward to the forum and its members.Hope all will guide, share and help me to increase my knowledge. My hobbies include love animals, watching movies,playing game, listening music & making friends.Nice to meet you.Thanks,Love...!
08-12-2010, 04:15 AM
Welcome to the forum! I dont think you will loose every religious friend or family member, In my case when I came out as an atheist, my mother was first dissapointed about my choice but she accepted my choice and respects it, also I havent lost my best friends yet and all of them are catholic followers and they know I am an atheist, you will meet both tolerant and intolerant people. Again welcome to this forum. Peace

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM
(06-12-2010 11:34 PM)aliceinwonderland Wrote:  I'm a 30 year old female, former fundamentalist reverend. I'm not sure what I am anymore, but I'm not a Christian and I don't partake in any religion in particular. I haven't "come out" as a non-Christian to my parents or all of my friends yet, but I'm sure they know.

Did you consider writing a book about your journey away from theism? Atheists can't get through to fundies, maybe you can.