Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Hello
My name is Patrick. I'm seventeen years old. I was raised a Christian since birth and became an atheist at about age sixteen. I would quickly become a LaVeyan Satanist later that year. I've only been an active member of one other forum. I like to consider myself a goth. I play guitar as well. My entire family, friends and even the girl I have a crush on are all theists in some regard, making me feel somewhat alone sometimes. I'm also not a very social person and thought I might be able to make some new friends here. I'm not very political. I do hold some fairly libertarian views, if I had to give myself a label.
I'm not sure what else to say, but I hope I covered enough.

[Image: zjxoi9.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 10:47 AM
RE: Hello
Hey there, let's hope this will be a good place for you to talk things out. It's been important enough for me at times. You'll have a lot of questions about your decision to join satanism. Is part of your interest the rebelious nature of the views of satanists? I tend to prefer the more calm types of worldviews that seek something a bit further ahead than revenge.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-10-2012, 10:48 AM
You are welcome, sir.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2012, 10:55 AM
(20-10-2012 10:47 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Hey there, let's hope this will be a good place for you to talk things out. It's been important enough for me at times. You'll have a lot of questions about your decision to join satanism. Is part of your interest the rebelious nature of the views of satanists? I tend to prefer the more calm types of worldviews that seek something a bit further ahead than revenge.

Well, I don't deny that I have a rebellious streak. I don't think it's a bad thing, but a lot of people seem to like using it as a slur against teenagers who just don't "fit in". I became a Satanist simply because I agree with the philosophy. When I first read the Satanic Bible, I felt it was a reflection of what I had believed. And what I had repressed about myself for a long time because of my upbringing.
And Satanism isn't just about revenge. Taking revenge is encouraged if someone actually harms you, but it isn't the central tenant of Satanism. In fact, Satanism is about looking further. It's about accomplishing what it is you desire and being the person you truly are. Among other things.

20-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Welcome to TTA. Based on what I've read about LaVey Satanism, it seems to be just as much nonsense as any other religion. Perhaps you could make a thread in the Philosophy or Atheism/Theism section and elaborate on your experiences and views of it. I'm curious. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome Raven quoter.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
20-10-2012, 11:24 AM
(20-10-2012 11:12 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. Based on what I've read about LaVey Satanism, it seems to be just as much nonsense as any other religion. Perhaps you could make a thread in the Philosophy or Atheism/Theism section and elaborate on your experiences and views of it. I'm curious. Smile

Perhaps I should. After all, I guess I didn't expect the atheists to call their fellow atheist crazy for having an atheistic philosophy.
I'm just joking of course, unless you do think I'm crazy. Tongue

20-10-2012, 11:53 AM
(20-10-2012 11:24 AM)Nevermore Wrote:  Perhaps I should. After all, I guess I didn't expect the atheists to call their fellow atheist crazy for having an atheistic philosophy.
I'm just joking of course, unless you do think I'm crazy. Tongue
For now, I don't think that you're crazy. We'll see about that once you have elaborated on your philosophy. Wink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
20-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Welcome Patrick. Although it's been a while, I can remember what it is like to be the kid in high school that never fit it. Fuck 'em, I can tell you right now I've done things with my life, most of those kids that looked down on me can only dream of. It gets better. Anyhow, I don't know too much about LaVeyan Satanism, but I have read about it. Too organized for me, I'm not interested in following their rules but if you find it helpful then more power to you. As long as it makes you happy that's the only thing that matters. As far as politics are concerned, I am fairly political, and I am a libertarian as well. Right now I think I'm one of only three that have spoke up anyway; four including yourself.

Not a bad idea about the LaVeyan Satanism thread, I'm sure there are others on the board who are even more clueless than me. Might be a good learning opportunity.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post