Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Hello
I'm sure plenty consider me crazy either for the fact that I'm a cat or that I believe in a non spiritual version of animism. Don't feel bad if sometimes people get confused =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-10-2012, 12:16 PM
(20-10-2012 12:10 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I'm sure plenty consider me crazy either for the fact that I'm a cat or that I believe in a non spiritual version of animism. Don't feel bad if sometimes people get confused =p

Hmm...I don't WANT to derail this intro, but I am curious...if you don't mind, could you answer a yes or no question, if it is more complicated perhaps we can PM. Are you just saying to worship nature? That is what I am imagining, but whether I am right or wrong I am confused...

20-10-2012, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 12:27 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Just a view that there is an external piece of every object. I use the term conscience rather than soul, though many who use conscience in this way make rather absurd statements. I feel that as humans have an extra part of life outside of their physical selves, that it is something that exists in all things and is somehow connected. Similar to a view of something like the astral plane, except that I don't consider it as a tool but instead a function of life. If you want more we can PM. I generally don't discuss it much because since I have no proof for the belief I have no interest in asserting it to others.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-10-2012, 12:36 PM
(20-10-2012 12:21 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Just a view that there is an external piece of every object. I use the term conscience rather than soul, though many who use conscience in this way make rather absurd statements. I feel that as humans have an extra part of life outside of their physical selves, that it is something that exists in all things and is somehow connected. Similar to a view of something like the astral plane, except that I don't consider it as a tool but instead a function of life. If you want more we can PM. I generally don't discuss it much because since I have no proof for the belief I have no interest in asserting it to others.

Sounds a bit like The Force. :3

[Image: zjxoi9.png]
20-10-2012, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 01:32 PM by Lilith Pride.)
The force has to do with a tangible thing. More a connectivity that could only be realized in an understanding of knowledge not personally gained by the physical being. I'm not saying things can be controlled through it. Animism is one of the most ancient forms of religion. Just the simple idea that there is more to everything than what is seen.

also the prequels turned the force into a physical thing

20-10-2012, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 01:44 PM by Nevermore.)
Okay, Force=Bad joke.
^^
Oh, and the prequels didn't make the Force itself physical. Just the ability to connect with it. Tongue

[Image: zjxoi9.png]
20-10-2012, 01:42 PM
I almost forgot to mention something. It's unlikely that I would call you crazy when I think about all different folks we have on here. For example, there's someone on TTA who worships the actress Gwyneth Paltrow as his god. Big Grin

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 02:10 PM
(20-10-2012 11:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Welcome Raven quoter.

Damn. Ya beat me to it.
Welcome POE quoter.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

20-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Hello
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you- here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.

Oh, except Nevermore. Welcome!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome Smile