Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello!
Hello everyone. I am a freshman at the University of South Florida. The reason I came to this website and registered is because I wish to attend the 2013 National Atheist convention and I saw that Seth Andrews was speaking and I wished to find out more about him.

What I want to know is, is it worth attending the conference? I live in Florida so attending the conference would cost quite a bit. I would have to pay it all myself because my mom is highly religious (she cried and said I had a cold heart when I told her I was atheist a few years back). I just don't want to invest money which could be spent paying for college on something that I will not find rewarding. I hope people who have attended past conferences can explain how it was.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2012, 04:16 PM
RE: Hello!
I went to Stewart/Colbert's Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive on the National Mall, 'cause it was just a subway ride away for me and it was fun and that's all it cost me. It was essentially an atheist rally. Don't think I'd pay to attend an Atheist Conference, what they gonna tell me I don't already know?

And Seth's a big motherfucker. Big Grin

[Image: seth.jpg]

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome aboard Smile I think conferences are great if you have the extra cash or somebody else is paying. Otherwise I'm with Girly!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
04-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Welcome!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
04-12-2012, 01:26 PM
I agree. These conferences are fun. You're mostly paying for entertainment. You won't get much enlightenment - you can learn more, faster, and for free, just by searching for Atheism on YouTube.

So go for it if you want to party with some atheists. If that's a worthy expense. Compared to college, I'm inclined to say college is a more worthy expense so if it must be one or the other, the choice is probably obvious an obvious one (if it's not, then you might want to rethink your collegiate plans in the first place).

On the other hand, if you can afford both and consider this a worthwhile expense for entertainment, then I'd definitely say go for it.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]