Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 01:56 AM
Hello
Hey. I'm Raskolnikov, that cool guy who showed how the Overman/Ubermensch argument doesn't work too well Tongue

I'm actually quite the historian concerning religion, and I'd be the first to try and ask christians about 1) the Ecumenical Councils and why they had to exist, and does it really make it (the church) any different from the Roman authorities that killed Jesus if they abide by what the Romans said and dictated? 2) The Miaphysite/Monophysite vs Dyophysite argument, or also known as the Council of Chalcedon. (Eutyches vs Domnus II of Antioch) And of course, what about the Nestorian and Arian Heresies and why are they still heresies?

I hope to add the community with the history of the Church, pre Roman and current (some may say Post-Roman but I disagree, in that the Church is more or less a continuation of the Institutions and Establishments of the Roman Empire/Byzantium).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: Hello
Hi Raskolnikov,

Welcome to TTA Smile Enjoy your time here.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
05-01-2013, 02:41 AM
Hiya!

Hey, did you guys ever find Anastasia? I hear she got misplaced...

No, wait, that was Romanov. You're the composer who wrote Flight of the Bumblebee, right?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
05-01-2013, 02:49 AM
(05-01-2013 02:41 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Hiya!

Hey, did you guys ever find Anastasia? I hear she got misplaced...

No, wait, that was Romanov. You're the composer who wrote Flight of the Bumblebee, right?

Rimsky Korsakov...

Hey all this talk of ecumenical councils sounds like fun, could you tell us what the heresies you mentioned are, and these Dyophysite arguments etc ? Maybe make a post in atheism and theism section ?

Welcome Smile
05-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Always great to have a new member who can add to the body of knowledge for those of us who don't know so much.

Check out the Resource Library (managed by our 'Librarian' Near). Maybe you can help it grow.

Welcome aboard.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-01-2013, 03:38 AM
Thanks. And I indeed did post a small introductionary topic into the topics of Arianism, Nestorianism, and Monophysite/Miaphysite vs Dyophysite.
05-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
05-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-01-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 02:16 PM by Xinoftruden.)
so many hello's this is wonderful.
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Goddamn smilies don't work in chrome
only mobile Sad

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
06-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Howdy!

[Image: opforum1.png]