Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Hello!
Quote: - there is no way to get out of that paradigm short of hitting the lottery, inventing FaceBook, or working your way out (which takes more time and you aren't expected to have accomplished it by 19).
Well, my major is CompSci, so inventing Facebook is always an option. XD

Quote:So, sounds to me like you're right where you should be.
Thank you. That does make me feel better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sammy's post
17-01-2013, 01:19 PM
(17-01-2013 01:12 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Some of us (me) are nearing 50 and are saying the same thing!
Not true. You (both of you) haven't lost it. Sometimes that can be a lot. Same goes for the figurative meaning of "lost it". Not losing it can be even harder. So good on both of you.

And welcome, Sammy Smile
I don't think I have enough troubles in my life to make me "lose it"; I have very few responsibilities. Mostly school.

Thank you!
17-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Is 'it' Jesus, the plot, or one's virgin tea ? 'Cos yeah... I'm not doing very well then Confused
17-01-2013, 02:25 PM
(17-01-2013 02:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  Is 'it' Jesus, the plot, or one's virgin tea ? 'Cos yeah... I'm not doing very well then Confused
Your itty-bitty brain, silly.

(Took me forever to figure out what you were talking about. I've obviously lost it already... Undecided )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-01-2013, 06:45 PM
(17-01-2013 01:18 PM)Sammy Wrote:  Well, my major is CompSci, so inventing Facebook is always an option. XD

Yeah, another CompSci in the house. The more of us the better I say. What school? UMCP '88 here. There are quite a few CS running around here. And the administrator Chas is an honorary one. (Fucker's so ancient the only computer he don't predate is Babbage's Analytical Engine.)

Welcome!

Breathing - it's more art than science.
17-01-2013, 07:02 PM
(17-01-2013 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 01:18 PM)Sammy Wrote:  Well, my major is CompSci, so inventing Facebook is always an option. XD

Yeah, another CompSci in the house. The more of us the better I say. What school? UMCP '88 here. There are quite a few CS running around here. And the administrator Chas is an honorary one. (Fucker's so ancient the only computer he don't predate is Babbage's Analytical Engine.)

Welcome!

Honorary? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-01-2013, 10:02 PM
(17-01-2013 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Welcome!
UNM. I have another two years until I graduate, though.
17-01-2013, 10:16 PM
(17-01-2013 10:02 PM)Sammy Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 06:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, another CompSci in the house. The more of us the better I say. What school? UMCP '88 here. There are quite a few CS running around here. And the administrator Chas is an honorary one. (Fucker's so ancient the only computer he don't predate is Babbage's Analytical Engine.)

Welcome!
UNM. I have another two years until I graduate, though.

Look at WSMR when you graduate if you want to stay in NM and you're looking for a good job for life, I can vouch for the employer, they don't give a shit if you're an atheist, ... they're prohibited from giving a shit.

17-01-2013, 10:23 PM
(17-01-2013 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 10:02 PM)Sammy Wrote:  UNM. I have another two years until I graduate, though.

Look at WSMR when you graduate if you want to stay in NM and you're looking for a good job for life, I can vouch for the employer, they don't give a shit if you're an atheist, ... they're prohibited from giving a shit.
I... actually wouldn't like to stay in New Mexico, but I probably will end up here.

I'm actually working towards (hopefully) getting an internship at LANL; I grew up in Los Alamos, actually.
17-01-2013, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2013 07:17 PM by GirlyMan.)
(17-01-2013 10:23 PM)Sammy Wrote:  
(17-01-2013 10:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Look at WSMR when you graduate if you want to stay in NM and you're looking for a good job for life, I can vouch for the employer, they don't give a shit if you're an atheist, ... they're prohibited from giving a shit.
I... actually wouldn't like to stay in New Mexico, but I probably will end up here.

I'm actually working towards (hopefully) getting an internship at LANL; I grew up in Los Alamos, actually.

That'll work. Thumbsup