Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Hello
Hi there all I'm Raven, I'm Catholic new to it. I'm not here to spam ya'll or anything so please don't worry about that. To each their own I say. Anyway, I'm a single mother of one, I'm pretty laid back and enjoy life. I hope to befriend ya'll Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: Hello
Glad to have you! Welcome!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Welcome to TTA, Raven!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Thank you Smile
30-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Just a couple of questions, because I am curious, being a catholic what exactly prompted you to join here? Just perusing? Are you questioning? And, if I'm not being too intrusive, how did you find us and how long lurking before signing up? Just wondering! Shy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Those are good question even. I joined because I like meeting new people and maybe making some new friendships while I'm here. I'm not questioning Smile
Hmm well I've been on here once before, so I figured that it might be interesting to join ya know.
30-06-2013, 12:45 PM
(30-06-2013 12:38 PM)Raven11 Wrote:  Those are good question even. I joined because I like meeting new people and maybe making some new friendships while I'm here. I'm not questioning Smile
Hmm well I've been on here once before, so I figured that it might be interesting to join ya know.

Right on, again good to have you. One question you didn't answer was how you came about finding us? I'm just interested at how comfortable believers come to find and join a heretical forum such as this and at what the fundamental reasons behind it might be.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Well that's pretty easy, came across this forum when I was looking for a entirely different forum. It really is interesting, I've even seen atheists come on Christian or other religious forums for whatever their reasons may be. But it is always good to see peaceful conversations between others with different beliefs.
30-06-2013, 01:16 PM
I can dig it. Unfortunately many conversations with theists here don't tend to stay so peaceful. But there are those that can handle us. I hope you stick around, good dialogue between folks with such different world views is rare, and valuable, I think.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
30-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Welcome Raven.

I'm glad evenheathen asked you those questions.

I was raised Catholic, my family and especially my parents are very attached to the Church.

I see that you say you are looking to meet new people and possibly make new friends, and that's great. Most of us, like me for example, will want to know about your beliefs. You will be prodded and poked for information and I expect you will have some questions yourself.

What immediately comes to mind is have you explored and questioned the rationality of virgin births and immaculate conceptions? Your avatar made me think of this.

Looking forward to a discussion.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption