Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: Hello
Welcome Raven!

You are more than welcome to this forum. And I'd love to talk to you, respectfully, about your religion, or whatever it is that you would like to talk about. But let me give you a bit of a warning. You are dealing with very intelligent people here. Many of us, including myself, are quick witted, very frank, even terse.

If you are here to discuss your religion, be prepared! You will be challenged. And it is unlikely that you will "win" an argument.

We are not "evil" people here. And you may find a really good friend. But be prepared to defend your beliefs, rigorously! We will not let you "slide"!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2013, 02:29 PM
(30-06-2013 02:21 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  But let me give you a bit of a warning. You are dealing with very intelligent people here.

Raven, he speaks for himself, and some others here. I'm you're everyday dumbass, so don't expect too much from me. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 02:38 PM
evenheathen

Huh? The post was for Raven.
30-06-2013, 02:42 PM
(30-06-2013 02:38 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  evenheathen

Huh? The post was for Raven.

I know, just clarifying the circumstances lest Raven be misled to think I'm an intellectual. Didn't mean to kick your puppy. No

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
30-06-2013, 02:48 PM
evenheathen

Don't worry about whether you are an intellectual or not. You have a brain. Obviously you have used it. I am a high school dropout!
30-06-2013, 02:55 PM
(30-06-2013 02:48 PM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  evenheathen

Don't worry about whether you are an intellectual or not. You have a brain. Obviously you have used it. I am a high school dropout!

Meh, I'm not worried.

~ Umberto Eco
01-07-2013, 07:45 AM
Welcome aboard!

I was raised in a Catholic family but was never made to attned church.

What brings you here? We like theists that want conversation, so, if that is what you want you found the right place.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Lol No worries I expected such a response. I doubt I'll be getting into much discussions about religion, because I'm still learning myself. About the Virgin birth, yes it does sound and logically it is impossible, but I have thought about it and I figure this was just part of Gods plan for our Blessed Mother. I know not a strong argument but that is my conclusion on the matter. I've already spoke of what brings me here Smile If I miss anyones questions I'm sorry.