Hello !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2013, 04:26 AM
Big Grin Hello !
Hello , new user here Smile.
I am 19 and an atheist since i was 12. I was born in germany and i consider myself lucky that religion isnt a big deal over here (even the most religious person i know didnt care at all when he found out that i am an atheist ).I have a keen interest in science and will start university this year, with the goal of working in research Smile.Looking forward to interesting conversations with people on here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2013, 05:50 AM
RE: Hello !
Welcome abroad,h2o2

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
21-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Howdy.

I gotta ask.....H2O2? Hydrogen peroxide? Esplain?

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
21-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Maybe he was inspired by that old 2 scientist in a bar joke....

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
21-08-2013, 07:31 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the forum ! you're an atheist since your 12 years old.
How did you lose the faith ? I'm impressed that someone apostated his religion at this age.
22-08-2013, 03:37 AM
(21-08-2013 05:55 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Howdy.

I gotta ask.....H2O2? Hydrogen peroxide? Esplain?

dont know, i use random usernames every where. H2O2 is easy to remember and quick to type ( was thinking of using dihydrogendioxide at first but that would be a pain to type everytime i log in XD ).

(21-08-2013 04:30 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Welcome to the forum ! you're an atheist since your 12 years old.
How did you lose the faith ? I'm impressed that someone apostated his religion at this age.

I think a big factor was that i didnt grow up in a very religious household ( my mother was christian (deist now ), but never went to church(i was only forced to go on christmas...but that was less about religion and more about tradition.) and my father is an atheist (but i didnt even know, he wanted me to make up my own mind). At one point in school i got very bad grades and prayed a lot , but that didnt help and i managed to get my grades up by working hard. From that point my faith just faded away.Later i read the god delusion, although i was already an atheist i had never heard the apologetics before, and it made me more certain of my position.
[+] 3 users Like H2O2's post
22-08-2013, 05:25 PM
I liked your answer because this is short and detailed.