Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2013, 08:30 AM
RE: Hello
Kind of a shame. absols was just beginning to string words together sufficiently for comprehension. Not that he has ever said anything worth note that I've read, but it was like a fun puzzle in every thread. Ah, well.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2013, 09:03 AM
(03-10-2013 06:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  There is no where anywhere that is true. Abraham is never ever once, said to have divine status.

No shit. So now you are telling me what I told you as if I had suggested that the opposite was true. Your phrasing was ambiguous and I wouldn't put any absurdity passed you. I think you are a dickhead so when you write "Abraham's deity" I don't rule out the possibility that you are claiming Abraham has divinity.

Quote:If I chose to study the bullshit of religion to throw it back in their face, that's my choice.

Is that your rebuttal?

You've taken an argument that is used by Christian evangelists to proselytise Muslims and think that it has value to atheists. You are a tool.

You are implying that worshipping "Sin" is "bullshit" but worshipping "Yahweh" is fine--and that is what the proselytisr wants to tell the Muslim but why would an atheist want to convince a theist that one deity is better than another?

Your like some half-wit watching someone operate an ATM trying to figure what is going on. You are a moron.

You've yet to explain what the value is of trying to persuade a Muslim that they aren't worshipping Yahweh. Yes you can do whatever the fuck you want but if you want to pretend to be arguing you need to submit an argument.

Quote:LMFAO. NO one. No one ever, anywhere, has ever, in the history of the study of religion, said anything so ridiculous.
That is just so hilarious it's not even worth responding to.
I begin to see your problem.

You need to factor in that I think you are a tool and you will see there is no problem. It seems ridiculous to you because you are missing a vital premise: "I think you are a fuckwit".

Quote:Dear, we all know that's called (obvious attempted) "deflection".
Attempts at deflection are juvenile, and make you look very weak, as obviously you can't respond to the substance, and can't stand that you again have been shown to be incorrect again, in your statements.

Your attempts at irony are juvenile. Stop congratulating yourself, you haven't answered my criticisms.

Quote:As to all the rest, of your attempted deflection, it falls flat on it's pathetic ass, and is not worth even 10 seconds replying to. It stands as a testimony to itself.

Yes it stands as a testimony to your inability to defend your idiotic posiition beyond stamping your feet and shouting "You're not the boss of me I can do what I want".

Quote:
There are many atheist scholars of religion. It's fascinating how ignorant religious people are (just as you are) of their own systems. If I chose to point that out, it's my choice.

So what if there are atheist scholars of religion? How does that help your idiotic argument?

Can you provide a rebuttal to the numerous arguments I have made?

Quote:
Snobs like you don't run the world. You say it's unimportant yet you originally MADE the damn statement in the first place. YOU obviously thought it was important enough to mention, then when your ignorance is demonstrated about the subject you mentioned, you ran, and attempt to invalidate the very topic YOU brought up in the first place, (just like your bullshit about angels and Satan).

So what if I made the statement that Islam is an Abrahamic religion? How does that negate anything I subsequently posted on the matter. The statement I made is consistent with Muslims own self-description and as I have explained there is no good reason for an atheist to dispute that claim. I will continue to say tha Islam is Abrhamic because that is what Muslims say. It is their language game, their Marvel Universe and they can describe it however they want.

So where is the rebuttal to what I wrote about angels and Satan?

Quote:Don't forget your blood pressure pills. Maybe the knot in your undies can be ironed.

You don't suck at writing, arguing, humour and irony I'm just "deflecting". You have no answer, no rebuttal nor even a basic justification. The identity of the Islamic god is entirely irrelevant to atheology and of relevance only to Christian proselytisers. From an atheists perspective worshipping "Sin"--if that is what Muslims are doing--is no better or worse than worshipping "Yahweh". You've yet to asnwer this fundamental issue.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2013, 09:15 AM
(03-10-2013 07:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The hostility began in the nature of god thread. It was initiated by the revisionist Chirpy.

No you started throwing insults. "Hostility" is subjective weaseling intended to obscure that you initiated the name calling. Then when your crap is thrown back at you have the audacity to complain.

Quote:A "cheap point" is a point that is made pointing out an error, apparently.

It was a cheap point.
03-10-2013, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 11:10 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-10-2013 09:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  You don't suck at writing, arguing, humour and irony I'm just "deflecting". You have no answer, no rebuttal nor even a basic justification. The identity of the Islamic god is entirely irrelevant to atheology and of relevance only to Christian proselytisers. From an atheists perspective worshipping "Sin"--if that is what Muslims are doing--is no better or worse than worshipping "Yahweh". You've yet to asnwer this fundamental issue.

Wrong. It's important to 1/4 of the people on the planet. Muslims. If your are consistent, dear, and you allow Muslims to declare any historical inaccuracy they want, then Christians also get to do that. It's known as "consistency". Your ranting is getting in your way here, dear.
Islam is just as, or more pathetic, and probably much more dangerous today than Christianity. You seem to think you get to define what is or is not a "proper" atheist perspective, and what should be, or should not be important, and discussed.
Guess what, your holiness ? You don't. You deserve your "patronizing pompous ass" label. Nice try.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "Sock puppet of Stark Raving" - (said "He Who Must Not Be Named".)
03-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Okay, chippy (love Tim and Eric by the way, one point for you). You've obviously come here to muck up a shitstorm, and have succeeded. I'm just not seeing the point.

Why are you here? I noticed in a post somewhere you made (I'm not gonna trouble myself to look it up on my mobile) that you find this work tedious (I know, you phrased it differently), so again, why?

If your aim is to spread knowledge, which you obviously have some, why the hostility? You came here to talk shit. You love confrontation. That's okay, but at least own up to it. You put up a good fight, but then deflect the accusation of being confrontational.

The reason you are being called a cunt is because you are acting like one. Everyone here respects a knowledgeable perspective, and most here will concede to a better argument if it is presented respectfully. You have shown contempt and disdain from the get go and so you receive the same.

We are a community of atheists. Yes, we have our faults as a community, show me one that doesn't. I, for one would love to hear some constructive criticism, but that's not what you are offering.

You are obviously here for a fight, and you got it. That makes you a cunt. I'd just like a statement of purpose, if you have one. If your purpose is just to be a cunt, so be it, I can respect that and give you credit for a job well done. If you seek any sort of respect, I suggest you change your tone.

Honestly, you seem to be a very smart dude, with a lot of good stuff to contribute. You just don't seem too keen on communication. Kinda like absols.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-10-2013, 09:46 AM
(03-10-2013 08:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You didn't disappoint, exactly what I had anticipated.

Really? Exactly what you had an anticpated? If you are claiming to be able to predict "exactly" (your word) what I post then we can perform a test. We can nominate a third party and you can PM him/her what you predict I will PM and then I can PM them. Then the third-party can post both PMs so that you can astound us all with your predictive powers.

Quote:Yes, 'such' is meant to be quantitative in this context.

So do you have a scale of cuntedness that I can refer to?

Quote:Sorry if I wasn't clear, 'stranger' is provided because, as I stated, I don't think you'd be so happy to be so aggressive toward people who you knew because there would be repercussions from that act that might have more tangible consequences.

That's an entirely baseless assumption and it is also wrong (and in some cases regrettably so).

Quote:I made no case to be argued, I just called you out for your hostility and brashness.

"Calling out" still needs a rationale.

Quote:Even if you think thank BB was provoking you (I don't) it didn't justify you being such a cunt in turn.

But that statement requires justification and you haven't provided any. How do I know that you are an impartial observer? How do I know if you have taken stock of the facts of the matter?
03-10-2013, 10:19 AM
(03-10-2013 09:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  You [Bucky Ball] are implying that worshipping "Sin" is "bullshit" but worshipping "Yahweh" is fine--and that is what the proselytisr wants to tell the Muslim but why would an atheist want to convince a theist that one deity is better than another?

Try as I might, I fail to see any reasonable grounds on which Bucky's statements could be so interpreted.

... this is my signature!
03-10-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 11:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(03-10-2013 09:03 AM)Chippy Wrote:  You [Bucky Ball] are implying that worshiping "Sin" is "bullshit" but worshipping "Yahweh" is fine--and that is what the proselytisr wants to tell the Muslim but why would an atheist want to convince a theist that one deity is better than another?

You continue to miss the point, or attempt to just be perverse.

(BTW no spellchecker ?
"Worshiping" is consistently misspelled in all your posts.
"Proselytizer" is not spelled "proselytisr".)

I imply no such thing. From the beginning, the historical inaccuracy of the conflation of the deities was my ONLY intent, and point.
Your repeated attempt to invalidate the point, and put words in my mouth, makes you look dishonest, and desperate.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "Sock puppet of Stark Raving" - (said "He Who Must Not Be Named".)
03-10-2013, 11:55 PM
(03-10-2013 10:19 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Try as I might, I fail to see any reasonable grounds on which Bucky's statements could be so interpreted.

It is a "my god is better than your god argument" that originated from the books of Christian pastor Robert Morey and it is employed for the purpose of proselytizing Muslims. It makes zero sense for an atheist to repeat it.
04-10-2013, 12:10 AM
(03-10-2013 11:16 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You continue to miss the point, or attempt to just be perverse.

You have no point to miss. You are tilting at windmills. The argument itself is bunkum based on the pseudo-history of Morey and it is used for proselytizing Muslims by telling them "my god is better than your god".

Quote:(BTW no spellchecker ?
"Worshiping" is consistently misspelled in all your posts.
"Proselytizer" is not spelled "proselytisr".)

No automated spellchecker and I make some of my posts in the early hours of the morning in a fatigued state. Given the volume of my posts I think a few errors aren't good reason to try and claim that I can't spell "worshipping" and "proselytiser"/"proselytizer". I also had a 9kg cat on my lap that insisted on resting his head on my keyboard so I had to move the keyboard further away and atop some papers which placed it an an awkward angle. The said cat then decided to use my right forearm as a chin rest so I was left typing with my left arm some of the time. This is the sort of cheap point scoring that I referred to in another post. Well done.

[qiote]
I imply no such thing. From the beginning, the historical inaccuracy of the conflation of the deities was my ONLY intent, and point.
Your repeated attempt to invalidate the point, and put words in my mouth, makes you look dishonest, and desperate.
[/quote]

Your point is invalid and your attempt to promote what appears in a Chick tract as serious scholarship is demonstrative of your charlatanry. That you've purloined an idea from the lunatic fringe of Christianity and attempted to promote it as relevant to atheology shows you up as simple-minded and misguided.