Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Hello
Hello, I am new to the whole forum thing (somewhat) and am not very good with introductions.

Greetings!

So my name is R.J. and I am an 18 year old computer science student. I was raised pretty spiritually and I say I have "believed" up until the age of 14. I started to question the validity of the bible, then the validity of my belief in god, and to make a long story short, my faith had vanished. I made the conversion that a lot of people make very early on in life. I don't live around a lot of atheists so I think I can look for this as a place to share feelings that I can't normally share otherwise.

If you care to ask me some questions and I'd be happy to meet some new people!

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: Hello
Hi Herpeslurpie - your name is... uh .. ew. Sadcryface

I'ma call you Slurp. Wink

Good to have you here - you'll find an international crowd with a variety of opinions and ideas - there is always something to talk about, even if you just want to talk about nothing.

We have a few teens here and a lot of adults ... who very often bahave a lot less mature than yourself, no doubt. Dodgy

Lurk around a bit and you'll become familiar with troll behavior. Don't hesitate to join in - here's always something going on.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the asylum...I mean madhouse...some say it's a forum, so I guess we'll go with that. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
04-10-2013, 10:41 AM
(04-10-2013 10:24 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome to the asylum...I mean madhouse...some say it's a forum, so I guess we'll go with that. Smile

Roman fora were completely full of graffiti about sex, drugs, religion, boasting, politicians, inanities, religions and politicians using sex and drugs...

We're just honouring tradition.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
04-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forum! I guess I'll start by asking you what gave you the inspiration for your username. Part of me thinks it's maybe to do with the expression "Herp derp" anf the other part is like "Hey! Let herpeslurpie answer it. You've got math to do." xD

*passes you your favorite beverage* Sit back, relax, get your 'feel' for the forum and enjoy your stay. Smile I look foreward to your future posts! Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
04-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I always get asked about my name lol.

A few years ago my friends and I were sitting down and one of them just randomly said "herpes" and I believe I said "what did you say? Slurpies?" and it just kinda grew from there Tongue.
04-10-2013, 11:45 AM
I always get that flavor at 7-11.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forum ! when you said that you was raised "pretty spiritually". Do you mean that you was a "non-denominational Christian" ?
05-10-2013, 01:36 AM
Welcome! Yes, this is a great community to share, minus some wackos.However, I dont know too many communities without some wacko in it.