Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Hello
Hello all,

I'm from Singapore and I wonder if I'm the only dude in my country who knows something about the horrors of Christianity in other countries and who used to be former Christian.

In light of the recent tugboat event where the Nigerian survived his three day ordeal and thanked an invisible sky wizard for it while Paul Walker being a Christian had died in an accident, the people in my country had almost no discussion about how ridiculous this whole thing is and just simply went with the 'it's a miracle' bullshit. Am I the only one who dig a little bit into this when someone mentioned Paul Walker was a Christian, and am wondering why god would let a young and promising actor die while saving a tugboat cook?

If I had not stumble onto DarkMatter2525 and eventually Seth's videos, I figured I would've been an idiot like the rest while still believing in an invisible sky daddy who needs money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: Hello
So, you're all distraught that an actor died and a tugboat captain lived.

WHY WOULD GOD ALLOW SUCH A HORROR TO HAPPEN! Weeping

Good thing you didn't end up an idiot like the rest of 'em. Drinking Beverage

Oh, and uh, welcome. Sorry you had to be met at the door by a theist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 02:57 AM
Hi Udon Monster. Oh, and I'm also sorry you had to be greeted by a DICK who evidently doesn't know that
- CONFRONTATION IN THE INTRODUCTION FORUM IS PROHIBITED - but it happens.

Great to have you here - we have someone else in Singapore - DLJ - you'll see him around, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-12-2013, 07:41 AM
(08-12-2013 02:28 AM)Gordon Wrote:  So, you're all distraught that an actor died and a tugboat captain lived.

Sadly, that theist is my cousin, and I just bought whatever he told me because I had no idea of such a fraud out there. Haven't got in touch with him for a long time, neither does he know I'm an atheist now.
08-12-2013, 11:04 AM
(08-12-2013 07:41 AM)Flying Udon Monster Wrote:  Sadly, that theist is my cousin, and I just bought whatever he told me because I had no idea of such a fraud out there. Haven't got in touch with him for a long time, neither does he know I'm an atheist now.

Holy crap! You are related to Ego®? Confused Yikes - that must be ... uh ... different.

Oh well - we're a fairly eclectic bunch here. I'm sure you'll find a lot of interesting banter going on here - there is always an interesting discussion so, don't hesitate to contribute. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
08-12-2013, 11:34 AM
(08-12-2013 07:41 AM)Flying Udon Monster Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 02:28 AM)Gordon Wrote:  So, you're all distraught that an actor died and a tugboat captain lived.

Sadly, that theist is my cousin, and I just bought whatever he told me because I had no idea of such a fraud out there. Haven't got in touch with him for a long time, neither does he know I'm an atheist now.

Hi and welcome!

Hmmm, maybe you can talk some sense into your cousin, but I don't think anyone can.

So, just make yourself at home and stroll around the place. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-12-2013, 01:03 PM
(08-12-2013 07:41 AM)Flying Udon Monster Wrote:  

Oh wow! I'm a bit shocked right now.
Welcome to TTA. Hope you stay around.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

08-12-2013, 02:20 PM
FUM is not my cousin. I assure you my cousins wouldn't be in this forum.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2013, 07:29 AM
Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume