Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 01:01 PM
Hello
Hello everyone ("hello" is english for "hello")! I've been an atheist for nearly two years. Before that I grew up as a homeschooled fundamentalist Christian believing the earth was 6000 years old and all that.

I've been a regular member of AF.org for the same amount of time. I just wanted to check out this place for fun and say hi to TGAC. It looks nice. I can't promise that I'm staying however. I have a steady income of rep and kudo points at AF Tongue

I'm not sure what to make of the name "The Thinking Atheist" however. It seems almost like a tautology. I haven't met a single atheist who doesn't think. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes teaearlgreyhot's post
02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
RE: Hello
(02-01-2014 01:01 PM)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:  Hello everyone ("hello" is english for "hello")! I've been an atheist for nearly two years. Before that I grew up as a homeschooled fundamentalist Christian believing the earth was 6000 years old and all that.

I've been a regular member of AF.org for the same amount of time. I just wanted to check out this place for fun and say hi to TGAC. It looks nice. I can't promise that I'm staying however. I have a steady income of rep and kudo points at AF Tongue

I'm not sure what to make of the name "The Thinking Atheist" however. It seems almost like a tautology. I haven't met a single atheist who doesn't think. Big Grin

Hey and welcome.

As I've told the others from AF, you guys are more than welcome here. Hope to see you around.

As for the name... blame Seth. We're just victims of soicumstance. nyuk nyul nyuk

[Image: Curly.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
02-01-2014, 01:10 PM
(02-01-2014 01:01 PM)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:  Hello everyone ("hello" is english for "hello")! I've been an atheist for nearly two years. Before that I grew up as a homeschooled fundamentalist Christian believing the earth was 6000 years old and all that.

Welcome! (english for "welcome") =P
What's AF like?

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
02-01-2014, 01:25 PM
(02-01-2014 01:10 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  Welcome! (english for "welcome") =P
What's AF like?

It's pretty nice. Not very different from this place as far as I can tell except that the web design is little more polished at AF. We get free tickets to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada when we stay on the site longer than a year. Does this site do that?
[+] 1 user Likes teaearlgreyhot's post
02-01-2014, 01:28 PM
(02-01-2014 01:25 PM)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:  
What's AF like?

It's pretty nice. Not very different from this place as far as I can tell except that the web design is little more polished at AF. We get free tickets to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada when we stay on the site longer than a year. Does this site do that?

Really? I feel like it's more clustered over there. I like that TTA doesn't have a lot of "extra". It makes things easier to read.

As for the Bunny Ranch... I'm suspicious that's a real deal.

[Image: Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-01-2014, 01:29 PM
(02-01-2014 01:25 PM)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:  We get free tickets to the Bunny Ranch in Nevada when we stay on the site longer than a year. Does this site do that?

Say whaaaat? You're pulling my leg!!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
[+] 1 user Likes djkamilo's post
02-01-2014, 01:30 PM
(02-01-2014 01:25 PM)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:  
What's AF like?

Welcome, TEGH.

Nah, we have a secret ritual after one year. I obviously can't tell you what it is. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 02:50 PM
TEE GRAF GRAU HEIß!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
02-01-2014, 03:58 PM
welcome! Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
02-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume