Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Hello
Hello, I'm PoeticCondition from Ireland. It's nice to be here.

Even though I grew up in a non-religious family, during University I was suckered into religion. Don't get me wrong, most religious people seem pretty nice, but I when I get religious I suffer from hyperreligiousity. It's not nice, thinking that every little thing will send me straight to the bowls of hell.

When I'm in my 'normal' phase, I'm quite the rational thinker (or so I like to believe), and an atheist.

As I said previously, it's nice to be here. I'm hoping by posting regularly on this site, I can keep the hyperreligiousity at bay.

Bye! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like PoeticCondition's post
03-01-2014, 10:39 AM
RE: Hello
Hi and welcome to TTA!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Do you write poetry? We have two poetry threads.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
03-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the forum!

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
03-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Hi there!

Ireland is amazing! I have family there Smile Welcome to TTA!!!

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
03-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Welcome P.C !

Hyper religiosity can be rather annoying,specially for the sufferer.....Cool
03-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Im new too. I was raised Catholic and I followed the rules of the church. My number 1 regret. I was so busy following someone else idea of whom I am supposed to be that I missed my life. My mom was often referred as a saint. She put up with a verbally abusive husband, was taken from her home country away from her friends, to raise 3 girls. My mom buried 2 of her children. That should not happen to any parent. Once I witnessed my mom in screaming pain after having lived through 4 caesarians, a stroke, carotid surgery, the death of her husband and her oldest daughter, I started questioning this thing we call religion and this belief in something that is supposed to save us from evil.

Im glad my mom had her belief. It got her through the death of her child. I say if it works then I am happy for you. I just dont think it works for me.

I had a friend once tell me talk to GOD he will help you and answer you and tell you what to do. He never spoke to me I never got the message. When my sister died I was heartbroken. I went to church and prayed and prayed for some relief and some guidance. I even spoke to the priest. There I am just days after my sisters death and this priest tells me stop wallowing in your own self pity. WOW
03-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Welcme to you both!
I used to be catholic too.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome! Smile

Yes, when the mood takes me, I do write poetry.
04-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome!

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry