Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 01:35 AM
Hello!
I recently started questioning the existence in a creator after accepting the theory of evolution and fact. My name is Javier Garciafonseca. I have always had a problem with religion. Growing up my mother was a Catholic, but then converted to a Jehovah's Witness when I was 12. I have studied with Christians as well. There was always something in my heart telling me that none of it was true. Many lies were fed to me like the concept of Hell, Everlasting life, and the universe only being a few thousand years old. Right now, I don't know what to think. I guess you can say I am an Agnostic because I don't know if I can fully understand God. I am happy to be here. I hope I can learn from other Atheist about all these questions in my mind. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 02:25 AM
RE: Hello!
Welcome Javier.

I think you can be a theist and claim that you do not "fully understand God".

An atheist is more likely to say: "I cannot get to the point of bothering to try to understand your god(s) unless you can demonstrate that your god(s) exist in the first place".

We look forward to your questions.

Smile

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-01-2014, 02:30 AM
(05-01-2014 02:25 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome Javier.

I think you can be a theist and claim that you do not "fully understand God".

An atheist is more likely to say: "I cannot get to the point of bothering to try to understand your god(s) unless you can demonstrate that your god(s) exist in the first place".

We look forward to your questions.

Smile
That makes a lot of sense when you put it in that perspective. Glad to be here.
[+] 1 user Likes jgarciajr686's post
05-01-2014, 02:52 AM
(05-01-2014 01:35 AM)jgarciajr686 Wrote:  I recently started questioning the existence in a creator after accepting the theory of evolution and fact. My name is Javier Garciafonseca. I have always had a problem with religion. Growing up my mother was a Catholic, but then converted to a Jehovah's Witness when I was 12. I have studied with Christians as well. There was always something in my heart telling me that none of it was true. Many lies were fed to me like the concept of Hell, Everlasting life, and the universe only being a few thousand years old. Right now, I don't know what to think. I guess you can say I am an Agnostic because I don't know if I can fully understand God. I am happy to be here. I hope I can learn from other Atheist about all these questions in my mind. Thank you.

Nice to meet you! Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
05-01-2014, 04:29 AM
With a materilsm perspective of view, you will understand how and why God has been created.

Nice to meet you.

Want something? Then do something.