^_^ Hello
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: ^_^ Hello
(28-03-2014 05:54 PM)Charis Wrote:  Hi and welcome to TTA, TTC!

tl;dr: Welcome! searching and reading is your friend! The people here aren't bad, they just get irritated because PRATT.

Ok, aaaand now the wall of text. Tongue

I was a Theist when I first came here. I'm not one now, but I was for awhile. How I survived was just being human pretty much.
I did a whole lot of reading through their past threads and watching/reading stuff they linked to. I figured most questions I'd have would likely already be addressed somewhere, and they typically were. I also started an Ask Me thread, in case they were wondering stuff about me... here I wasn't wanting to start a debate, mostly because I knew enough to know that I simply didn't know enough to know. Tongue

After reading their posts and what it was they ACTUALLY thought and WHY, I could see that I needed to do more reading before thinking of challenging them on stuff.... plus, there were plenty of theists coming in here doing that anyway, so I could just see what was said in those debates. *shrugs*

You'll learn more about them by reading how they've already responded, and then just mingling in the meantime. You'll have some angry posts and stuff to sift through, because the same questions get raised over and over and over and over and over and over and....

If you're not familiar with PRATT, it helps a little in understanding at least SOME of the frustration you may encounter (or may not encounter, who knows). They knew I was Theist, and I have to say they ALL treated me very sweetly. They're not bad guys. They just get really frustrated is all.

I may not be a Christian, but please know that I and some others are still very sympathetic to your mindset simply because we've BEEN THERE. We know what it's like, we know the faith, the prooftexts, Answers in Genesis, Ray Comfort, Greg Koukl, Kirk Cameron, Jason Lisle... some of us have been right there and fairly recently (like myself).

So welcome to the forums! Again, I highly recommend taking some time to read through as many past threads as catch your eye. It will save you a lot of time, because you won't be typing out the same questions that have already been typed out in a thousand different ways before and then waiting for responses, blah blah barf. Tongue

There's also Kings Chosen here. He is a Christian Calvinist, and he's also one of our Admins! Big Grin But don't think he's a softy! He'll be likely sympathetic to your views, but if your arguing lacks proper factual substantiation, you'll get it just as rough from him as from anyone! And believe me, some of us do like it rough! Angel

Edited to add: BY THE WAY, there's a 100 posts per 24hrs limit on the forums, so if you hit that threshold, you'll have to wait a bit before you can start posting again. I was alarmed the day I hit this, but don't be. You're not banned, you're just very talkative. Tongue

Lol I appreciate it :-) I get it for sure, I know I'd get frustrated if a bunch of people came here just to troll and be argumentative, especially if they don't know what they are talking about. I'm simply here to learn and try to see things from your persective, ya know?

Anyway,thanks again for the welcome and for being so polite! I'll take your advice and try to sift through the old forums before posting something that could be just another repetetive question. And as far as KingsChosen goes, I'll try my best to bring factual info to the table. I have no intention of trying to pass evidence on anyone that is false in any way.

I have spoken, and likely will be again, on my own personal spiritual experiences, but that is only evidence that works for me, and I know that it isn't accepted as evidence for God's existence, if only because there is no way for anyone else to experience my experiences.. Anyway... yeah :-)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheThinkingChristian's post