^_^ Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 05:49 PM
RE: ^_^ Hello
(27-03-2014 05:38 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 04:35 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  I watch COSMOS!! lol It's a very interesting show, although I don't necessarily agree with everything that Mr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson says... The Cosmos is a crazy and beautiful place and well worthy of study..
Welcome, Jon.
Whether you agree or disagree with facts is irrelevant.
Read the sig
\/ \/ \/

Thank you for the welcome!

And I never said that I didn't agree with facts, but I do question them becasue I'm not one to just believe another person without looking into a matter... And I do question theory. A lot.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 05:50 PM
(27-03-2014 05:49 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:38 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Welcome, Jon.
Whether you agree or disagree with facts is irrelevant.
Read the sig
\/ \/ \/

Thank you for the welcome!

And I never said that I didn't agree with facts, but I do question them becasue I'm not one to just believe another person without looking into a matter... And I do question theory. A lot.

Good. Question every thing.Thumbsup

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-03-2014, 05:50 PM
(27-03-2014 05:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:33 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  I am not 100% certain that evolution is true.

Protip: it is.

Thumbsup

I suppose it is here that I say that the burden of proof is on the one who affirms. I never said it wasn't true, just that I don't know. I'm still looking through the evidence Smile
27-03-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 07:19 PM by Hughsie.)
(27-03-2014 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:33 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Wow.. started off strong there didn't you? I said I don't "necessarily" agree with everything that he says. Meaning, I don't know unequivocally that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. I am not 100% certain that evolution is true. Mr. Tyson himself exorts at the beginning of the show to "question everything", so why are you so upset?

Content Removed

Muffs, this IS the intro section. Please refrain from insulting newbies until they venture into the forum at large. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
27-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
27-03-2014, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 07:20 PM by Hughsie.)
(27-03-2014 05:44 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:33 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Wow.. started off strong there didn't you? I said I don't "necessarily" agree with everything that he says. Meaning, I don't know unequivocally that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. I am not 100% certain that evolution is true. Mr. Tyson himself exorts at the beginning of the show to "question everything", so why are you so upset?

Content Removed

YES! You somehow nailed it down exactly! I like this verbal "whack-a-mole". Maybe, if you keep guessing randomly, you'll come up with something worthwhile...

I see no reason for you to be so hostile here. Isn't this the one part of the forum that is "supposed" to be at least sort of friendly?

And another thing, how do you ever hope to reach any kind of meaningful conclusion about anything when all you do is throw out vague references to "evidence" and insult others?

Anyway, I didn't come here to argue with you, but I am truly interested in learning. Not from you though, hopefully there are some more mature, knowledgable people on this site that will offer actual arguments.
27-03-2014, 05:55 PM
(27-03-2014 05:46 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  since this is introductions and we are supposed to play nice (ahem....'muffs)....I'll start a new thread in one of the other forums so we can discuss cosmos and evolution.

welcome.

Here's a link for ya.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...evolution

Thanks Smile
27-03-2014, 05:57 PM
(27-03-2014 05:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

Gravity? I see the effects of that...

Plate tectonics... I can witness that too.

Heliocentrism? No. I can see that as well.

I cannot see things evolving, though I can see them adapting.

I cannot see back into time to when the universe came into being either.
27-03-2014, 05:58 PM
(27-03-2014 05:50 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:40 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Protip: it is.

Thumbsup

I suppose it is here that I say that the burden of proof is on the one who affirms. I never said it wasn't true, just that I don't know. I'm still looking through the evidence Smile

Then ask me. I debunk creationist all the time on this. Within my debunkings I show the evidence of evolution, all while keeping it away from making people leave their religion. I can show you some if you want. Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-03-2014, 06:05 PM
(27-03-2014 05:57 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

Gravity? I see the effects of that...

Plate tectonics... I can witness that too.

Heliocentrism? No. I can see that as well.

I cannot see things evolving, though I can see them adapting.

I cannot see back into time to when the universe came into being either.

Except you haven't really witnessed any of it. You have seen the evidence provided through the tools of the scientific method.

The same tools that have proven that evolution is real.

I find it interesting that its only -this one thing- that theists dont trust. Ridiculous really.
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post