^_^ Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: ^_^ Hello
(27-03-2014 05:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2014, 06:07 PM
(27-03-2014 06:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:57 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Gravity? I see the effects of that...

Plate tectonics... I can witness that too.

Heliocentrism? No. I can see that as well.

I cannot see things evolving, though I can see them adapting.

I cannot see back into time to when the universe came into being either.

Except you haven't really witnessed any of it. You have seen the evidence provided through the tools of the scientific method.

The same tools that have proven that evolution is real.

I find it interesting that its only -this one thing- that theists dont trust. Ridiculous really.

I witness that when I let go of something it goes down. Gravity.

I've seen earthquakes. Plate tectonics.

I may not be able to see with my own eye that the earth is moving around the sun and not the other way around, and so I know that it's the tools of science that have shown me this.

But they haven't proven evolution. They have given evidence for evolution.
27-03-2014, 06:08 PM
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 05:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Which other scientific theories do you question?

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

Is that what it is? I thought it meant that the sun was just the center of the solar system.. I guess I was wrong!
27-03-2014, 06:09 PM
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  

Gravity?

Plate Tectonics?

Heliocentrism

Shhh you. He witnessed it
27-03-2014, 06:11 PM
(27-03-2014 06:07 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Except you haven't really witnessed any of it. You have seen the evidence provided through the tools of the scientific method.

I find it interesting that its only -this one thing- that theists dont trust. Ridiculous really.

I may not be able to see with my own eye that the earth is moving around the sun and not the other way around, and so I know that it's the tools of science that have shown me this.

You have seen evolution every time that you see a change in population. It is more then adaptation. Adaptation is getting used to. For example if you bring a newt into canada and the conditions are a little different from before, but there is no need for change it is adaptations. Second that there offspring shows different traits from the past generations, it is evolution.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
27-03-2014, 06:11 PM
(27-03-2014 06:07 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:05 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Except you haven't really witnessed any of it. You have seen the evidence provided through the tools of the scientific method.

Have some more:

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/

27-03-2014, 06:14 PM
(27-03-2014 06:08 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

Is that what it is? I thought it meant that the sun was just the center of the solar system.. I guess I was wrong!

Heliocentrism states the sun (or stars, in general) is the center of its solar system. —Not the entire universe, Teen Skeptic.

Must've been cerebral flatulence.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
27-03-2014, 06:17 PM
(27-03-2014 06:14 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:08 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  Is that what it is? I thought it meant that the sun was just the center of the solar system.. I guess I was wrong!

Heliocentrism states the sun (or stars, in general) is the center of its solar system. —Not the entire universe, Teen Skeptic.

Must've been cerebral flatulence.

No.

27-03-2014, 06:19 PM
(27-03-2014 06:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:06 PM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  I'm not a physicist, but I'm pretty sure Heliocentrism is false. You know, the whole "sun is the center of the universe" thing -- a bit outdated.

Shhh you. He witnessed it

Haha no I thought it was that the sun was at the center of the solar system lol I recanted!
27-03-2014, 06:20 PM
(27-03-2014 06:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 06:07 PM)TheThinkingChristian Wrote:  I witness that when I let go of something it goes down. Gravity.

You have seen evolution every time that you see a change in population. It is more then adaptation. Adaptation is getting used to. For example if you bring a newt into canada and the conditions are a little different from before, but there is no need for change it is adaptations. Second that there offspring shows different traits from the past generations, it is evolution.

Ah I see! I'll continue this in that other thread